PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe 2: First Trailer

gothicangel
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/gi-joe-retaliation-trailer-more-channing-tatum-more-explosions/2011/12/13/gIQAcswerO_blog.html

Going to hold my hands up here, I only watched the first film because Channing Tatum was in it. :evil

This looks it might be slightly better [I'll still wait for the DVD though . . .]

Very odd though, Channing is hardly in the trailer [which is odd, as he's the 'bankable name.']

MttStrn
12-15-2011, 07:11 PM
I must admit, I am intrigued. I didn't even know they were making one.

Opty
12-17-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/gi-joe-retaliation-trailer-more-channing-tatum-more-explosions/2011/12/13/gIQAcswerO_blog.html

Going to hold my hands up here, I only watched the first film because Channing Tatum was in it. :evil

This looks it might be slightly better [I'll still wait for the DVD though . . .]

Very odd though, Channing is hardly in the trailer [which is odd, as he's the 'bankable name.']
Doesn't look as crap as the first one. Glad that Cobra Commander is actually wearing the iconic mask in this one.

Now that The Rock is in it, Tatum isn't the bankable name in it anymore (considering Tatum can't open a big movie by himself, and I think they learned that lesson after the first Joe movie, they needed to make a change like that and get a legit star in it). Guess that kind of sucks for Tatum but it might also help him to share the spotlight with bigger stars. Frankly, I'd rather watch the Rock as Tatum's screen presence is as engaging as watching paint dry and he comes off as having a higher age than IQ. Just my opinion, though.

Bruce Willis playing General Colton (the "original Joe") is an intriguing casting choice. With him and Dewayne Johnson in it, it makes me hold out hope that this will be a decent popcorn flick.

Also, did I notice Jinx in that trailer? The 80s kid in me kind of geeked out when I saw that.

gothicangel
12-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Doesn't look as crap as the first one. Glad that Cobra Commander is actually wearing the iconic mask in this one.

Now that The Rock is in it, Tatum isn't the bankable name in it anymore (considering Tatum can't open a big movie by himself, and I think they learned that lesson after the first Joe movie, they needed to make a change like that and get a legit star in it). Guess that kind of sucks for Tatum but it might also help him to share the spotlight with bigger stars. Frankly, I'd rather watch the Rock as Tatum's screen presence is as engaging as watching paint dry and he comes off as having a higher age than IQ. Just my opinion, though.

Bruce Willis playing General Colton (the "original Joe") is an intriguing casting choice. With him and Dewayne Johnson in it, it makes me hold out hope that this will be a decent popcorn flick.

Also, did I notice Jinx in that trailer? The 80s kid in me kind of geeked out when I saw that.

Is The Rock a bankable name? For me he's normally a sign to stay well away from a film. ;)

Victoria
12-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Hell yes Mr. Johnson is bankable...and spankable, if you wanna know. Damn, that booty could double as an Olympic spring board. I prefer his more dramatic roles myself, Faster, for example, but The Rundown is one of my faves. Simply put, I think he's fun to watch.

BenPanced
12-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Since "knowing's half the battle", I'll surrender this war and stay away.