PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Tat?

Snowstorm
12-14-2011, 08:23 PM
I just learned how to tat with shuttles and with a needle. Does anyone else here tat?

Eventually, I want to include beads in my work, but right now I'm focusing on making even stitches ... and not forgetting where I am in the pattern and making a huge mistake which means the whole bloody piece is ruined. (Did I say that out loud?)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't... but I have some shuttles that belonged to Ol' Boy's ancestor - I don't know how many 'great' designations should go before that. I've been interested in it, but don't have a clue how to go about it.

How'd you get into it, snowstorm? Show us your project. :)

MaryMumsy
02-25-2012, 08:09 AM
I learned how about 30 years ago, and haven't done it since. :Shrug:

My mother's aunt did lovely work, and could still tat even after her eyesight got really bad. She did it by feel. I have some of her edgings, but have never put them on anything. I guess I'll see if one of my brother's kids wants them as a family keepsake.

MM

Medievalist
02-25-2012, 08:19 AM
My grandmother taught me, much agasint my will, when I was a child.

I haven't even thought about it for 40 years or so. I made enough to use on a blouse and give away.

I put my foot down regarding the bobbin lace though . . .

Filigree
02-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't tat, but 20 years ago I did a lot of needle lace.

K.L. Bennett
04-06-2012, 02:28 AM
My grandmother taught me, much agasint my will, when I was a child.

I haven't even thought about it for 40 years or so. I made enough to use on a blouse and give away.

I put my foot down regarding the bobbin lace though . . .

This, only it's been 20 years, not 40, and it was my great grandmother. :) I think I still have the baby-wipes box that holds all the tatting things (shuttles, you say?) in my nostalgia box, and I have every intention of picking it up again at some point...