PDA

View Full Version : Dating and Relationships Pro Needed

sdguy
12-13-2011, 02:23 AM
I own a site in the romance field and am looking for a writer whos passionate about relationships and dating to regularly create content for the soon-to-be-upgraded site. The position is ideally suited to a female in her mid-20s to early 30s with the following:

Excellent writing skills you will need to write a few amazing pieces per week and freshen the existing content. Im looking for someone with a relaxed, fun, easy writing style.
Very creative you will need to regularly invent interesting date ideas, romantic ideas, gift ideas, etc.
Passionate about romance, dating, and relationships you should be the person friends come to for love advice!
Ambitious, motivated, and have the time to regularly create content.
Hands-on and crafty you will be creating and often photographing pieces for your content.
Fun and easygoing! This makes everything easier.

Other useful skills

A little bit of perfectionism goes a long way. Looking for someone who is driven to create great pieces only.
Good on video we may be expanding into videos down the road and it would be nice if youre comfortable in front of the camera. Want to be famous? :)
Likes food and to cook (seriously!) you will be regularly adding to the (under-used) date foods section
Very social - good at spreading the word.

The offer is for profit sharing and equity, so be prepared to starve a little at first with the potential of feasting a little later.

If youre a good fit, or know someone who is, respond with a description of why you feel like youre right for the position and why it interests you, and I will provide contact information so that I can take a look at your work. Then well go from there.

Unimportant
12-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Since it looks like payment is share-of-profits-if-there-are-any, with no guarantee of any payment at all, this probably should be in the non-paying markets (?).

sdguy
12-13-2011, 06:43 AM
It pays. The site doesn't make much but currently pulls in a little bit through Adwords. It's an established site that pulls >50K visitors/month.

From what I'm reading it doesn't look like a lot of these offers pay much, though I'm looking for someone who can focus on being creative along with writing well.

regdog
12-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Offers should include pay rates. What is the percentage of profit sharing?

sdguy
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
That's something I need to discuss with potential candidates based on what they can commit to and their skill set. Maybe I should move this over to non-paying because there won't be much money at first and I'm really looking for someone passionate about the field who wants to help grow a business (that they own part of).

escritora
12-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Ask a mod to move this thread to the right section. If you start another thread both will be merged.