October Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arisa81

Hi everyone,

It is that time again ! Time to make goals and begin working toward them.

So my goals for October (is this year flying by for everyone else as well?) :

:clover Write new greetings/poetry

:clover Buy ink for my printer and submit a lot of greetings that have been waiting, via regular mail

:clover Write 3-4 new articles (and their queries/cover letters/and submit them)

:clover Decide on a bigger project. I have been struggling with what to work on: a book of poetry, a novel, something else. Whatever it is I need to stick to it.

Melina

RE: October goals

April--

Really excited to hear how you do with this month's goals! As for me, my goals are:

1) to query 2 publications a week

2) to find at least an hour a day to write

That second one is going to be tough, but if I ever want to see my work published, I really have to get serious (and maybe a tad selfish) about my time.

Okay, everyone--what are your goals for this month? Put 'em on up, and we'll cheer you on...

Good luck-- :clap

Melina

Arisa81

Re: RE: October goals

Good Luck Melina! Keep us us to date on your progress :D

Melina

Re: RE: October goals

April, you're so groovy. I dig you in a far-out way... :peace

Melina

Food Writer

GOALS!?

I want to play this game too. :rollin

my goals for October include revamping my website, querying pubs for FIVE article ideas, learn adobe photoshop, finish one ebook, write 5000 words in one of my unfinished novels, and write or finish 4 short stories.

Most of the above are kind of started....my difficulty is finishing anything. Plus i have a part time job that is termporarily full time so I've been a little overwhelmed. But...if I can meet those goals then I can do ANYTHING!

Let's get out there and win, er, I mean write! :clap
Pam
www.food-writing.com

Yeshanu

Re: GOALS!?

Wow! Reading Pam's goals has made me tired already!

Oh, well.

My goals for October:

1) Continue to get all assignments in on time. (I have a couple of big ones due.)

2) Submit those poems and that short story that are cluttering up my hard drive.

3) Revise my novel to at least chapter 10.

4) Write a basic outline for novel #2.

Arisa81

Okay I decided on my "big" project for this month

:clover Get back into writing short stories

Okay short stories aren't as big as novels or a book but it's something. Fiction isn't something that I find comes to me as easily as non-fic but when a good idea hits me I do love getting it out. :grin

Mridu

How late am I? Anyway, at least I'm here now. And my goals are:

1. Finish first draft of e-book and do an initial revise.

2. Send out queries to 5 national magazines.

3. Write 1,000 words a day (apart from the e-book).

4. Find and enter at least 3 free contests.

Almost ten days up. How's everyone doing?

Arisa81

Mridu, good luck on your goals ! :thumbs

So far I am doing alright:

I am writing new poetry and greetings

I've already written 2 articles

And my short story is coming along. Actually I am entering this contest www.thefirstline.com (Mridu this is a free one, you may wanna check it out) They give you a first line and you have to write a 300-3000 word story using that line. They come out with a new line every 3 months.

Mridu

Hey, thanks for that info, Arisa! I'm checking it out right now, and will hopefully be able to come up with something.

Good to know you're doing well with your goals. How's everyone else coming along?

Melina

How's everyone else coming along?

Dismally...Life keeps interfering with my aspirations. If I could just figure a way around that...

I'm still plugging away, researching, but my writing and querying has slowed substantially. Maybe next week.

Melina

Dhewco

Hiya

Well, I found a job. I had to go back to selling insurance, even though I don't like it. It's work. All I can say is...come on bestseller. Or even first seller. LOL

Arisa81

Re: Hiya

Good luck Dhewco!

:clover In the mail last night I got a magazine with an article I wrote and a cheque (18 months after submitting, so a nice surprise I had no idea was coming).

Whoo-hoo

Melina

Re: Hiya

David--

Good for you. Yeah, sometimes we have to take jobs we don't necessarily like, but it's a far better thing to eat and have a roof...Nothing like a crummy job to make you write every day, though, huh?

April--

Whoa, good deal! What an awesome surprise! :thumbs

Arisa81

Re: Re: Hiya

Melina,

yes it was ! and I am expecially glad to have it now before 2004 is up (now I have beat my record of sales from last year, which actually wasn't hard lol).

Melina

Goals for the month

Well-

The month is drawing to a close. I started out really slowly, but this past couple of weeks, I am going gangbusters! I've got some pretty good momentum going now, and I'm totally psyched! How's everyone else doing?

Melina

Arisa81

Re: Goals for the month

Good for you Melina :thumbs

Well as usual I started out on a roll and ended kind of slowly, all is good though.

Yeah I guess I will post November goals in the next few days...this month has flown by hasn't it ??

Mridu

Re: Goals for the month

Hey Melina and Arisa!

The month started out a little slow for me, but I've been picking up the pieces of my projects and giving them a go. I haven't touched most of my goals this month, but I am working on my e-book. Finished the first draft, and am doing the revisions now. Arggh.

November's coming up. The year's almost drawing to an end. I can't believe it flew by so fast. I left my job in January to work full-time. Can't believe I've been at it for a whole year without feeling the need to kill myself! :party

Status
Not open for further replies.