Not open for further replies.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Well, okay

Since you are twisting my arm. Maybe I can find a storyline or two to submit.

Good luck everyone.

Allen

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
I've picked my topic. I won't get to write much besides scribbled notes until sometime next week.

How are you doing, Allen? Got yours written?

Unique? I'll get Liam's telephone for you if you win! As it is, I'm all ready to zap you a good one for just entering. :)

Ruth, are you going to enter? I think you should. It's only 450 words. *nudge, nudge* C'mon. Give it a shot. ;)

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Barb, just about

I have to get the article back from my beta reader and then it has to pass my wife/censor before submission.

I never understand why she takes exception to my stuff. I never mention the fact that she has green hair and a large freckle on her chest....

Allen

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dawno said:
UH...what's this about a taser?

motivation - pure motivation - delivered in kilowatts (or gigawatts if i'm lucky enough to get the phone....)

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
That's odd. I was thinking about her barely half an hour ago. For some reason she popped into my head from nowhere. Since I'm a great believer in omens - and the contest is open to writers everywhere - I'll try and have a bash too. (Unless they have the 'no professionals' rule, in which case I'm scuppered.)

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And I hardly ever peek at this board either. It must be months since I looked in.

Omens, I tell you! Omens!

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm giving this a shot too. Have the piece written - just need a tad more editing and off it goes. It was fun to do!

Debbie
e2cookie.gif

flashy95

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the info to point us in the right direction, batyler. I just submitted my entry.

The essay flowed out of the pen pretty easily, but carving it down from 640 words to the required 450 was really tough!

Good luck to all.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Barb. I'm doing it. I haven't submitted yet, but I'm tweaking the piece as we speak.

And hey! You can't taser a pregnant lady... can you?

Sara

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
"The essay flowed out of the pen pretty easily, but carving it down from 640 words to the required 450 was really tough!"

I too had this problem and after working on it for hours I couldn't get it down to 450 words without losing most of the humor. I have quite a bit of short humour pieces but many of them are too "earthy" to use so I found it more difficult than I previously supposed.

I have 2 that will fit the criteria and one of those I just edited. I will work on the other tomorrow to see which I like best.

Good luck everyone.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just sumbitted. I mean, submitted.....omg... I hope I didn't transpose any letters in the piece just now. I had the same problem... over 600 words.. I tell ya... it's hard work, this writing thing.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Did it!

I second the "writing is hard work thing." I feel drained from the stress and my husband does not ever want to read any more of my drafts.

I need a nap.

PS Did anyone read where it said when the results would be posted? I missed it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.