Has anyone used a health app on smartphones or tablets?

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am writing an article on health apps for a magazine. As you know, the market's flooded with health apps on smartphones and tablets.

For example:

1. There's an app which can calculate your fertility phase if you feed in dates of your period.
2. Another app can calculate your heart rate if you keep a finger on the camera's cell phone.
3. Another app will observe your sleep cycle and wake you at the most appropriate time.

Have you or anyone you know used any of these or other related apps? l would love to hear about your experiences. Perhaps you know a doctor who would be willing to give his opinion on the reliability of these apps? Please let me know.

Cheers,
Dinsa

annabelle07

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this is not much help - don't know of anyone who has used those apps (nor do I), but, I used to use an app that calculates BMI and lets you know if you're overweight or not. Hehe - used it every few weeks!

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I started using one that tracks diabetes but I frankly got bored with it and stopped using it, it didn't seem to help much and was too much faff to use. I can send you some more detailed experiences if that is useful to you?

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I briefly used a calorie-counting/exercise recording program. The technology was fine, but it was a pain in the ass to enter everything, so I quit within a week.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I've used myfitnesspal app. That one tracks your calories, both intake and output. I like it. I'd like to add some of those others though that you were talking about!

Anaximander

Registered
Reaction score
I know from experience that the apps to work out period/fertility dates can be fairly accurate. A little sketchy to start, but after a few cycles they work it out. Very handy.