Recommended Writers/books

Ragnarok

Loki made me do it
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading Celtic Myths and Legend by T.W. Rollerstone. It starts with 80 pages on the origin of Celtic people, their creeds, social organization... The next 300 hundred pages are about the myths and legends, mainly Irish ones. That's the only complaint I have about it. No matter how much I like the island I had expected to learn about the Gallic deities and likes from the title.

I've just seen it's available for free in html format at http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/mlcr/

Any good pagan book/author you've read?

Last edited:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're talking fiction or non, but I like Neil Gaiman's American Gods for fiction, just to name one. I have an Irish Anthology of Literature from the 50's and it's peppered with beautiful folklorish tales and poetry. On my night stand is this old, old college text book of Greek mythology, broken down by gods. Every now and then, I like to read a chapter, but I never read enough to keep all the minor gods connected to the central gods/themes. One day, I'll read it straight through...

What about the rest of you Pagan Pretties?

Ragnarok

Loki made me do it
Registered
Reaction score
Either fiction or non. I checked out American Gods on google. It's definitely something I'm going to order at some point.

I'm a shameless Mythology Freak. I finished Norse Mythology by Rasmus Anderson a few months ago. What's your favorite Greek Hero/God or Myth? I have a thing for Orpheus and his lonesome, desperate, failed quest.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
There's a great website devoted to Celtic gods and goddesses, I forget the address, but google "cletic goddesses" and it'll pop right up!

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Any book by Joseph Campbell.

Transformation of Myth Through Time

Power of Myth

Hero with a Thousand Faces(Masks?)