If I could live inside a movie it would be...

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I could live inside a movie, it would be Once.

I just watched it and the characters and music were so full of emotion I got all...verklempt.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Jurassic Park, for the danger and adventure of it. The Time Machine, for the thrill of discovery. Blade Runner, 'cause I'm an ex-cop and I'd be in heaven chasing down replicants. Logan's Run, for the pretty girls on the grid. Avatar, for the biology--flora and fauna.

Oh, only one? Can't decide.

Tri

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An interesting "what if" question.

If the idea (question) was about TV shows, I could probably come up with an answer easier. Movies are a little tougher. I wouldn't really want to live in the time and place of most of the movies I like.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I could live inside a movie, it would be Once.

I just watched it and the characters and music were so full of emotion I got all...verklempt.

I liked that movie too. Glen Hansard has a pretty smexy voice.

I can't think of a movie I'd want to live in, but I wouldn't mind a vacation to the future as represented in The Fifth Element or a week or two in The Princess Bride. Oh, or the future/past eden world of Terra Nova, but that's a TV show so I don't know if it counts. Oh, and LOTR! I wouldn't be a proper fantasy geek if I didn't mention that one.

virtue_summer

Always learning
Registered
Reaction score
I'm another who can't think so much of movies, but TV shows I'd like to join. When I watch movies it's more for the specific stories they tell. TV shows I watch for the atmosphere/setting or characters that I like to hang out with each week, so it's easier to imagine jumping into one of them.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sticking with Paris, 1931 ala Henry & June...

but I desperately want Claire Tourneu's (Solveig Dommartin) 1965 Rover P5 from Bis ans Ende der Welt ..of course she had William Hurt as well and I'd at least test drive that... maybe I just have a thing for men in hats?

But the late 1920's early 30's movies suck me right in. I don't watch TV.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I have thought of this before. Since I write a lot of medieval type fantasy my daughter once asked if I would like living during that time period...

I said, "hell no."

She asked, "Why."

"Well lots of reasons but I think the number one reason is health care and medicine back then was very limited."

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a problem with most settings.

A western? Nah, I don't want to take care of a horse.

A animated film? That would be fun until I got hit by a giant hammer.

A war movie? Hey, those people are shooting at me!

The 1960s? Look at those clothes! And I'd have to do the Boogaloo and the Wahtusi.

The Victorian era? "Please, sir, can I have more gruel?"

A Ben Stiller movie? Shoot me now.

Star Wars? Wookies smell.

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A movie with sex and food, I guess. Which one might that be?

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eating Raoul is another good food movie.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Movie? I don't know. Probably one set somewhere in Italy or France.

TV show? Black Books! Absolutely!

Music DVD? Evanescence's live show. Seriously, I've seen that music DVD at least 10 times, and I never get sick of it. Great show, and wowser, some of the women in the crowd are amazingly hot AND stylish! I prefer heavier music in general, but for instance one of the Cradle Of Filth live DVDs? No way! It's jam-packed with guys!

(And even though I write fantasy, I can't imagine living in a fantasy world for very long. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and all those monsters would kick my arse in no time!)

annabelle07

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm.... interesting...a predominantly shiny, happy movie like say Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?? :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
If I could get away with being a fly on the wall for a violent movie (ie. in no danger) and could leave after the movie was done...

Kill Bill and Lord Of The Rings.

But if I was going to live forever in a movie, I'd have to finish writing my first movie script, get it made, and then be the lead character. ;)

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
Yeah, I think it would depend on who you are in the movie world. If you were just a random person in one of the cities of LoTR it wouldn't be much fun... the Elves didn't wine and dine every old peasant...
My first thought is Star Trek (pick a movie), I hate to admit.
I would study to be an anthropologist. How cool would the job of xeno-anthropologist be in the Star Trek universe?
Answer: Awesome levels of cool. Well, I think so anyway.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

The Thief, the Cook, His Wife, and Her Lover

Uh, don't ask for dessert.

I would have guessed American Pie for you AC, because of your affinity for that dessert. ;)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Amélie, Repo Man, or Yellow Submarine

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have to go with TV shows also, not movies so much. With TV shows, I'd say Once Upon A Time or Sex and the City. The first because of the fairytales, the second only if I could be Carrie with all her shoes and Mr. Big. :D

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I'm another who can't think so much of movies, but TV shows I'd like to join. When I watch movies it's more for the specific stories they tell. TV shows I watch for the atmosphere/setting or characters that I like to hang out with each week, so it's easier to imagine jumping into one of them.

Yeah same here. But...

Eeeeee! Movies :D

But if I was going to live forever in a movie, I'd have to finish writing my first movie script, get it made, and then be the lead character. ;)

^Exactly.

But if I could live in a movie, it'd like so be Clueless. Mainly because I've already lived Dionne's car scene. Way harsh.

or Urban Legend or The Faculty; I wouldn't mind bludgeoning a couple of teachers with dope pens.

or Scary Movie :D

Okay, okay my complete pick would be Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. Singing, crazy antics, and all the candy I want. GOOD DAY SIR!

Last edited:

MamaStrong

Registered
Reaction score
The Twilight movies...I'd totally make it worth watching for those who don't LOL. :D

jk.

Steel Magnolias would be my pick.