Favorite Browser App

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Ok, this is for all you smartphone users out there. What is your favorite smartphone browser app? Which is the one that works the best when accessing our favorite writers site? Doesn't matter if its for Android or iPhone, I'm just curious and at this point, needing a new one.

I currently use Dolphin Browser for Android. It was my favorite, was versatile, fast, and did everything I needed to post here.

But the last update made everything wonky. When I try to surf AW, the browser keeps jumping to the top. When typing, the text is off-screen so I can't see what I'm typing, and worst of all, it no longer let's me add Reputation! The tiny rep point window appears but when I try to type, it disappears and I'm sent to the top of the page. Unacceptable!

So what do you use? I'm curious regardless of platform. Thanks!

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't use any at all on my cell phone. I just use it for calls and that's it. I can't see the fun in trying to look at all those reduced web pages, fonts, or anything, because I would have to strain my eyes, even with my reading glasses.

Question about the Smartphone--does it make us smarter? :D

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't use any at all on my cell phone. I just use it for calls and that's it. I can't see the fun in trying to look at all those reduced web pages, fonts, or anything, because I would have to strain my eyes, even with my reading glasses.

Question about the Smartphone--does it make us smarter? :D

I'm the opposite. I don't make phone calls. I've always hated talking on the phone. So I never saw any reason to have a portable phone. For what? So it rings and goes to voicemail until I get around to listening to them a week later?

But a pocket computer? I use it constantly. So yeah, it does make me smarter because I have the entire Internet at my fingertips.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ed, I use Safari on my iPhone for AW. I've been using it a lot, and the only function that I can't get to work consistently is the rep pop-up.

So if I've repped you recently, it was via PC. And if I didn't rep you, it's not that I don't think you're fabulous, it's just that I was on my iPhone.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a "smart phone" because I can't afford one and it's driving me crazy because I want one badly so that I can use all these wonderful apps I keep hearing about.

Sigh.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this will be any help, but on my phone in order to rep I have to hold my finger on the rep icon. After a few seconds a half-screen pops up with the choice to "open a new page" (or something similar). Then when I pick that, it opens the rep window as a new page and then I can enter my comment.