Don't Go Back To Cubeville...

• Thread starter Bloomin Onionhead
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloomin Onionhead

and waste another year...

that would be my goal...to get out of Cubeville for good...before i started doing my corporate job four scores ago I was doing correspondence freelance work for the paper down in Wilmington...but it was paying like $75 an article and i was putting like at least 8 hrs into each article when you added up the interview time and rewrites, plus i was working full time at another non-writing related job...when the corporate door flew open all i saw were the benefits, the $$$$, and real food on my plate instead of bowls of ramen noodles (at that time, a four-course meal consisted of one hot dog, another hot dog, a bowl of chicken-flavored Ramen Pride, and a glass of sparkling mountain stream tap water over ice served in an NC State Alumni plastic cup). So I left door #1 and ran to collect my prizes behind behind door #2. This would end up being a classic case of "be careful for what you wish for", for after not even a year into Corporate America i was perpetually bored, intellectually paralyzed, and creatively comatose. I just started really writing again a few months ago and it feels great, and I figured a masters degree wouldn't hurt, so I am applying to grad school. All I really want is to have my own column and a little bungalow on the beach where i can hit a "send" button by 3:00pm and be out on the water in my boat with my dream girl, my english bulldog, and six-pack of Corona's on ice. Is that to much too ask for, to have the best of both worlds, to have my bucket of chicken and eat it too, to have a door #3? I am hoping not.

batyler65

Good luck, Bloomin! If you can dream it, you can do it.
Now all you need are some baby steps to get you from door #2 to door #3.

Barb

Melina

Nothing like a crummy ol' cubicle to force us to realize our dreams, huh? Good for you--I know you'll make it!

:clap

preyer

oh, how i dream of the day where i can measure my commute with a yardstick. i'll see your cubicle and raise you a stand-up factory job at delphi, though. it might be hard on the joints and back, but at least the bosses are mean-spirited idiots. the only workers there who rate an office helper job and get their own cubicle are old women whose legs can't support their body weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.