PDA

View Full Version : Ghostwriter, co-writer or editor wanted for memoir about DJs

Angela James
12-07-2011, 07:00 PM
(not mine)

I'm doing some legwork for the friend of a friend (one of the curses of being an editor, people presume you have all this info at your fingertips!)

She's written a memoir/book about DJs (she works as a DJ in the Vegas area and worldwide), but doesn't feel she has the writing skills to make it publishable, and is looking for a ghostwriter or a really keen editor to help her polish it and get it to the next level. I am not in a position to say what kind of pay she's offering (I have no idea). I'm simply gathering names and emails of people who may be interested in working on a project like this.

She already has the project mostly completed, and even has a proposal written up. So really, I think there's less work for a ghostwriter or co-author than there is for an editor who's willing to do a lot of content editing and suggestions for re-writes, but I may be wrong.

As a side note, she has a doctorate in law, so it's not that you'd be working with someone who has no writing ability. She just really wants someone who does it as a profession, to make it the best book possible.

If you're interested, please message me your name and email address and I'll have her contact you. As I said, I'm just gathering names, she'll do the "interviews" and make the final decisions.