I'm going to Paris to accept an award!

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so it's not a Nobel Peace Prize! But I am pretty excited about this recognition. :snoopy:

G0urmand International,which also publishes G0urmand Magazine, has awarded my book as the US winner of the Wine Books for Professionals. I receive a trophy in Paris at the Folies Bergere in March, and qualify for the Best in the World competition at the Paris Cookbook Fair. I'm not really familiar with all this, but apparently the professional component has been more beneficial to non-fiction authors than anything at Frankfurt or London book fairs!

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!

Brilliant news and so well deserved!:hooray:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, and the Folies Bergere? How cool is that?! Mmmm, order a huge cafe creme for me, and have a lovely time :) Congrats!!!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

* has visions of American Dreamer and hopes it doesn't apply to Bluestone

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's some tough break. Paris. Terrible place. You'll find nothing to do there, and no sources of inspiration. The art and architecture are all real old, approaching funky. The streets are uneven but you have to walk a lot, on all those nasty cobblestones, 150-year-old bricks, and cut stone. Also, the food's lousy, and the wine? Pfft.

That's just so amazing! We could not be more pleased.

Be prepared--like New York, there's no place to use the bathroom without a purchase, and we found some restaurants have only pay-to-use facilities even for customers. Eek!

Maryn, who visited for an anniversary milestone

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Huzzah! So many congratulations, Blue!

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much, everyone. I am really over the moon on this one. It has been such a great publication journey in four short months, after two years of frustration. My original goal was to just get something published that wasn't the object of ridicule, so it's even more rewarding.

Maryn, such good advice! :D I haven't been to Paris since I was 18, somewhere in the last Ice Age, so it's good to get an update on bathroom facilities! Always useful.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow, that's wonderful! congrats!