• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Batching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procrastinista

Registered
Reaction score
For those of you who request a fairly large number of beta reads, do any of you do it in batches? For example, request three beta reads, receive feedback, revise. Rinse and repeat, several times.

This way, you can make sure that you've attended to comments from the previous batch of feedback. I always worry how well I've responded to comments. The only problem is, this could take a lot of time.

inspiredbymusic

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder about this too, because even if you're just making minor changes, you want to make sure the changes read well and that everything is working, and sometimes having the same person or people read the work multiple times doesn't work. They miss things that a "fresh" reader would see.

Chekurtab

Smart donkey. Please don't call me-
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder myself how much you should listen to betas. I'm sure if you ask hundred people, you'll get hundred opinions. Are you going to keep revising accordingly?

strandedhero

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little confused, how many beta readers do you get? And as far as I understood, you do it one reader at a time so you can't fix any mistakes so that the next reader doesn't have to waste their time on things you already know. Am I misunderstanding the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.