PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Web Article Writing Work - Ongoing Job, multiple positions [$10 per 500 words]

Kstanki2
12-05-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd like to gather some writers together for a freelance web content writing team.

I ran this operation before and had some great success, but I was disappointed with the quality of work that my team was doing and decided to re-work the whole thing from the ground up and raise prices and payment around the board in an attempt to attract better writers and clients.

You can see the website I set up here: http://writerswithhats.com

If you are familiar with TextBroker, this will work in much the same way (except you won't have to deal with any clients yourself).

To give you an idea of the kind of articles you will be writing, it's the kind of stuff you'd find on EzineArticles.com. Check out some work there and you'll realize how easy it is to write this kind of stuff, most people who do it are very mediocre writers- meaning that you folks from AbsoluteWrite can swoop in and get all the work you want once we flex our writing muscles.

Payment is currently $.025/word via PayPal. I know this seems low, but these articles are generally very easy to write and require minimal research. To give you a point of reference, I do this kind of web article work myself and can bang out a 500 word article in 30-45 minutes, including research. If you do the math, that's $10-$20 an hour once you get the hang of it, not bad at all. This is a great way to bring in some extra money on the side every week for doing some easy jobs.

You'll be writing blog posts and website content in a variety of topics/niches (clients will be placing orders and providing keywords/topics). Due to the nature of how orders work, I can't predict what you will be writing about. You will have access to a list of currently available articles so you can choose which ones you want to claim (again, like TextBroker).

Once I have a good set of writers on board, I'll open up for business again and let the work start flowing in. I will need some sort of commitment, I'd like to see writers who are willing to write at least 5 articles per week, the more the better.

You can fill out an application here: http://writerswithhats.com/services/article-writing-service/write-for-us

Let me know you are from AbsoluteWrite, it will make a difference.

Feel free to ask any questions, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

chekzchevov
12-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey there Kstanki, just sent you an application. I'm Dalton Garrett. I look forward to working with you.

Nexus
12-27-2011, 10:30 PM
"It is a fact of common knowledge that penguins are usually associated with an Antarctica continent with severe cold and windy climate and endless snow drifts. "

You direct potential writers to a website because "[what we would write for you is] the kind of stuff you'd find on EzineArticles.com."

The quote at the top of my post was the first line from the first random article I viewed. Are you sure you want to compare your needs to the quality that this writer (and by extension EzineArticles) offers?

I'm sure the quote speaks for itself, but I'd like to point out

"It is a fact of common knowledge" (This makes little sense.)

"penguins are usually associated with an Antarctica continent" ("an antarctica continent, huh?)

I do not mean to insult you or what you represent, as you specifically mention a need for higher-quality writers than you are accustomed to. But I am not sure if articles with quotes like above should be mentioned as "the kind of stuff we would be writing for you" (Paraphrased).

chekzchevov
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Still waiting on a reply. I don't care how crappy the previous writers are, they have little to do with my credibility. I'd be happy to help the site out.

slicing_angel2003
12-28-2011, 08:20 PM
I also applied, but have yet to hear anything. If they need higher quality writers to help their site out I don't mind working.

CrastersBabies
12-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Question: is this one of those "great writing opportunities" where you write on a topic, but the only topics left are things like:

How to build an airplane using recyclable materials
Socio-economics in Nepal during 1971
Is polygamy for you?

Kstanki2
12-30-2011, 11:45 PM
You direct potential writers to a website because "[what we would write for you is] the kind of stuff you'd find on EzineArticles.com."

The quote at the top of my post was the first line from the first random article I viewed. Are you sure you want to compare your needs to the quality that this writer (and by extension EzineArticles) offers?

I'm sure the quote speaks for itself, but I'd like to point out

"It is a fact of common knowledge" (This makes little sense.)

"penguins are usually associated with an Antarctica continent" ("an antarctica continent, huh?)

I do not mean to insult you or what you represent, as you specifically mention a need for higher-quality writers than you are accustomed to. But I am not sure if articles with quotes like above should be mentioned as "the kind of stuff we would be writing for you" (Paraphrased).

EzineArticles is indeed full of garbage, it wasn't a very good example. What I'm looking for is more along the lines of examiner.com (http://examiner.com) or Associated Content. Not exactly trade magazine quality, but way above content farm quality.

As for those of you who applied and didn't receive a response, I'm still digging through the application inbox and separating the wheat from the chaff- you guys can expect an email soon, within a few days. If you mentioned that you're from AW, you're practically a shoe-in if you provided some samples to back it up.

As for this question:

"Question: is this one of those "great writing opportunities" where you write on a topic, but the only topics left are things like:

Is polygamy for you?"

No, not exactly. The kind of clients we attract usually run blogs in fairly popular niches, and there is usually enough variety so that you can pick the ones you're comfortable with (like I said, you can pick and choose which articles you write and how much work you do). I'll give you a few examples of article titles that we've done in the past:

How to Build a Web Presence for a Local Business
The Past, Present, and Future of Cloud Computing
The Top 5 iPhone Apps for Students
Getting Started as a Freelance Writer
Minority Report Technology a Reality

We also do reviews of entertainment (games, movies, etc.) and journalistic/news style pieces, once the team is together I'll be providing a pretty diverse range of work and finding more avenues for our writing.

One thing I forgot to mention in the OP: Many articles are ghostwritten meaning all rights go to the client, there are some cases where I can get your name on it but it's less common. I'm also still fooling around with pricing while things get set up, I suspect I'll be raising pay to $.025/word.

I hope I satisfied everybody's questions, looking forward to working with those of you that applied!

PS. Thought I had subscribed to this thread before but I wasn't, now that I am I'll be able to answer questions much quicker.

chekzchevov
12-31-2011, 04:52 AM
EzineArticles is indeed full of garbage, it wasn't a very good example. What I'm looking for is more along the lines of examiner.com (http://examiner.com) or Associated Content. Not exactly trade magazine quality, but way above content farm quality.

As for those of you who applied and didn't receive a response, I'm still digging through the application inbox and separating the wheat from the chaff- you guys can expect an email soon, within a few days. If you mentioned that you're from AW, you're practically a shoe-in if you provided some samples to back it up.

As for this question:

"Question: is this one of those "great writing opportunities" where you write on a topic, but the only topics left are things like:

Is polygamy for you?"

No, not exactly. The kind of clients we attract usually run blogs in fairly popular niches, and there is usually enough variety so that you can pick the ones you're comfortable with (like I said, you can pick and choose which articles you write and how much work you do). I'll give you a few examples of article titles that we've done in the past:

How to Build a Web Presence for a Local Business
The Past, Present, and Future of Cloud Computing
The Top 5 iPhone Apps for Students
Getting Started as a Freelance Writer
Minority Report Technology a Reality

We also do reviews of entertainment (games, movies, etc.) and journalistic/news style pieces, once the team is together I'll be providing a pretty diverse range of work and finding more avenues for our writing.

One thing I forgot to mention in the OP: Many articles are ghostwritten meaning all rights go to the client, there are some cases where I can get your name on it but it's less common. I'm also still fooling around with pricing while things get set up, I suspect I'll be raising pay to $.025/word to $.03/word depending on the content- we'll do it on an article by article basis.

I hope I satisfied everybody's questions, looking forward to working with those of you that applied!

PS. Thought I had subscribed to this thread before but I wasn't, now that I am I'll be able to answer questions much quicker.

For future reference, I'm (Dalton) great and most familiar with entertainment/artistic reviews and critiques, so if you end up getting a bunch of those on hand I humbly request first dibs!

I'm a huge gamer/movie-goer/music listener so those sort of topics are right up my alley.

Kstanki2
01-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Just a brief update- I sent out acceptance emails today, congratulations to those of you that are now on the team.

We still have more positions open, looking forward to reading some more applications.

Also- payment is set at $.025/word instead of the original $.02.

thekingsguard
01-24-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm Sean Korsgaard, and I'll be applying shortly. If you do reviews and such on your site, I'm your man.

chekzchevov
01-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Just to give everyone a heads of, I've recently stopped receiving emails from Kyle (kstanki on AW) and the articles have stopped showing up on the website. Haven't seen one up there in 3 weeks now.

So, not really sure what's going on. Just thought I'd give the thread a heads up.