PDA

View Full Version : Gun Expert Among Us?

Melville
12-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Oh, gosh, I just can't remember which poster is an expert on guns... can someone remind me?

The reason I ask is that my brother, a police captain and gun expert and instructor and cop publication writer, was forwarded some information about a freelance gig for a gun expert. He said it sounded great but his schedule is just too full. He asked if I'd be interested -- haha: HE'S my gun expert for my novels and I know next to nothing about guns, even my own.

So if anyone is interested, I can forward you the information, or if you know which gun expert in this forum I might be thinking of, could you prod me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mel

Williebee
12-04-2011, 04:46 AM
I'm going to move this over to the Experts aisle. You should get a better response there.

Siri Kirpal
12-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I've just bumped up the firearms thread. You should get your answer there.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Silver King
12-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Oh, gosh, I just can't remember which poster is an expert on guns... can someone remind me?
There's bound to be one in this (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195912) thread.

Nick Russell
12-04-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm a lifelong shooter, and was an Army firearms instructor. I'll be happy to help if I can.

Melville
12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks, everybody, for your help! I've sent messages to a couple of gun enthusiasts to see if they're interested -- oh my, we've got some true experts on these boards!

skylark
12-05-2011, 01:27 AM
"Gun" is way too vague.

Anyone who tells you they are a "gun expert" probably isn't. An actual gun expert will tell you what their areas of expertise are.

skylark, who is an expert on .22 ISSF target rifles, and strongly suspects that isn't what you are looking for :)

Summonere
12-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm not an expert, but I am curious. What's this freelance gig?