Do You Need A Cover For Your Ebook?

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
I've been experimenting on some covers for my own work and found a lot of people are impressed with my attempt.

And, you know, we artists are always looking for more ways to get our work out there. ;) So I thought I'd toss out my name for some writers who need help with their cover (you have an image but need help with design), or need someone to do the whole thing.

Here's a few I've done: LINK

Here's mine:

WinterRose_sm.jpg.w300h447.jpg

Here's my DeviantArt gallery:

http://thepix.deviantart.com/

I'm actually a pencil artist, but I'm now working my way around a Wacom tablet a little. ;)

Feel free to PM me and I'll let you know what pricing entails.

Last edited:

Keyan

ubiquitous
Registered
Reaction score
That's beautiful! Your work is romantic and could be eerie.

I've been experimenting on some covers for my own work and found a lot of people are impressed with my attempt.

And, you know, we artists are always looking for more ways to get our work out there. ;) So I thought I'd toss out my name for some writers who need help with their cover (you have an image but need help with design), or need someone to do the whole thing.

Here's a few I've done: LINK

Here's mine:

WinterRose_sm.jpg.w300h447.jpg

Here's my DeviantArt gallery:

http://thepix.deviantart.com/

I'm actually a pencil artist, but I'm now working my way around a Wacom tablet a little. ;)

Feel free to PM me and I'll let you know what pricing entails.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
My favorite part of that cover is the l and d sliding up into the c and d. I know, a silly thing to love, but it's things like that that draw me into a cover sometimes.

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Thanks, merrihiatt! :D I think it's cause it makes it feel like a whole piece of art. You want, even the words, to feel like a part of the image. At least that's my take. I'm kind of figuring all this out as I go....lol.

Last edited:

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
ethanjonesbooks.wordpress.com
Great job. Thanks for sharing.

I already have a cover art designer, but in case I need another one, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Let me know how much you charge for covers for short stories/novels at hx111 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,

E.

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Here's the cover for my new novelette on Kindle: Sorrow's Shroud

SorrowsShroud7sm.jpg.w300h465.jpg

I didn't spend a lot of time on it (I just couldn't seem to get the text right and I had a new customer, so I wanted to spend time on his) but I love the image, and I think it really fits the story perfectly.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
Great work! I was wondering: Do all of your covers use actual images of people, or do you draw humans as well? Because I'm working on my first short story and will need a cover for it eventually.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
That's lovely work. I have a family friend who I promised to tap, but if it doesn't work out, I'll come back and look to you.