info on agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapygrl135

Has anyone had any interaction or success with The Seymour Agency or The Van Diest Literary Agency? I just finished a contract with a very unscrupulous literary agent and I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Thanks,
KL

silentpoet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
ldumont999, do you know if they are accepting new picture books? The listing in Christian Writers market says they do represent picture books. But I did not see much on the website of that genre. I also have some works in progress other than picture books, but picture books are what I have most ready for publication. I have some nonfiction books in progress, but nothing nearly as ready as the stuff for kids.

The website did impress me as being very professional and I was considering sending a query out, but thought I might ask first.

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good information about the agents, everyone. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a freelance copy editor for Christian fiction. I am almost finished with re-write and ready for submission, but want to have it checked over before querying agents or publishers. You can PM me or post it here.

Thanks.

ldumont999

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.louisedumont.com
Books and Such Literary Agency

Since I don't write picture books, I never really paid much attention to their listings in that area. I do know they have a few authors who write them. I couldn't hurt to submit a query. Janet is great both as a person and an agent. Wendy just came on board this year. I don't know her very well but I can't imagine Janet taking on anyone who wasn't top notch. Send a query and see what happens.

silentpoet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging words. I will try to get a query out this week.

I just sent out an e-query. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.