First Personalized R!!!

celticroots

Registered
Reaction score
The title says it all. I recieved my first personalized R this morning from an editor. He also said I can write quite well! Oh my gosh! He also asked if I could please send the magazine another one of my stories. Is that a good sign? Should I follow up on it?

ANY advice appreciated!

*happy dances*

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
The title says it all. I recieved my first personalized R this morning from an editor.

That's nice :) Congratulations :)

He also asked if I could please send the magazine another one of my stories.

Yes, of course. Basically, the rule is to send them another submission more or less whatever they say, but after nice comments like that include a short thank you.

But, regardless of whether it is an acceptance, or a rejection that is personalized or not, always send another piece when you have an appropriate story.

And send out this rejected story to another market ASAP.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
The title says it all. I recieved my first personalized R this morning from an editor.
w00t!

He also asked if I could please send the magazine another one of my stories. Is that a good sign? Should I follow up on it?
Yes. Send in another story. And there's no harm in mentioning in your cover letter for your next submission that last time you were asked to send more work in, so here some is (or something along those lines). :)

celticroots

Registered
Reaction score
He didn't say what he'd like in another story, but the magazine leans toward fantasy/sci-fi, so I am going to submit one of my stories in the fantasy genre.

iBel29

Registered
Reaction score
wow congrats hey, of course send in the story already :)