Status
Not open for further replies.

MPCotter9751

Published yet Unknown
Registered
Reaction score
Website
markpcotterswebsite.yolasite.com
Sometimes we get rejected for all the wrong reasons. And sometimes it happens just because our writing SUCKS!

It's easy to write badly, ignoring the conventions of grammar, dialogue, story and character development, etc. But to write truly GREAT bad literature, it takes a lot of hard work! One could do worse than be inspired by the works of Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton PC (25 May 1803 – 18 January 1873), According to Wikipedia, "he was an English politician, poet, playwright, and novelist. He was immensely popular with the reading public and wrote a stream of bestselling dime-novels which earned him a considerable fortune. He coined the clichés 'the great unwashed', 'pursuit of the almighty dollar', 'the pen is mightier than the sword', as well as the famous opening line 'It was a dark and stormy night'.

In this spirit, I invite you to submit your best short examples of your worst writing (or someone else's) for our amusement, critique, and derision. I shall start us off in the following post with an example of my own. :tongue

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
In this spirit, I invite you to submit your best short examples of your worst writing (or someone else's) for our amusement, critique, and derision. I shall start us off in the following post with an example of my own. :tongue

Good afternoon, welcome to AW, and let me explain why I'm closing this thread.

If you've read the Newbies Guide, you'll have seen that the rule here at AW is "Respect Your Fellow Writer." To invite people to post someone else's work specificily to make fun of it (let alone the Fair Use issues this brings up) is a clear violation if that rule.

If you're interested in posting your own work for critique, there's a 50-post threshold to start a new thread in the Share Your Work section.

Please do hang around and check out the many different forums here for all different types of writing. This a great community and filled with a wealth of pubbed and not-yet-pubbed writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.