PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PLR writers

rob1123
11-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for some writers to do PLR articles. There is an eternal potential of $80/ 400 words. More info here http://plrpanda.net/write-for-us/

MysteryRiter
11-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Can someone tell me what 'PLR' is? Possibly a stupid question but I don't know...

veinglory
11-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Private label rights. So you give up all rights to the material.

MysteryRiter
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Oh...

rob1123
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Sorry I hadn't made that clear

Unimportant
11-28-2011, 03:44 AM
Rob, can you tell us what kind of topics the articles are on, and who buys them? From this, "Enhance your academic writing and topic research skills", I wasn't sure -- is this along the lines of comparing several brands of soap, which soap makers might want to buy and post on their website? Or is it more like writing articles on the themes in Wuthering Heights, that students might purchase to be used as their essay assignment at school?

Adding: Also, could you explain how onselling the articles works? The website seems to say that the purchaser can put their name on the article and claim it as their own, which I thought meant they were buying the copyright. But if one article gets sold up to 100 times to 100 different people, they can't each be buying the right to put their name on it and claim it as their own content, can they?

rob1123
11-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Rob, can you tell us what kind of topics the articles are on, and who buys them? From this, "Enhance your academic writing and topic research skills", I wasn't sure -- is this along the lines of comparing several brands of soap, which soap makers might want to buy and post on their website? Or is it more like writing articles on the themes in Wuthering Heights, that students might purchase to be used as their essay assignment at school?

In this context academic is referring to learning how to write as a student would (mainly coherently) not learning how to write for students. Feel free to write essays if you like, they will be offered on the site, but my official standing on this issue it that it is fairly unethical.

Adding: Also, could you explain how onselling the articles works? The website seems to say that the purchaser can put their name on the article and claim it as their own, which I thought meant they were buying the copyright. But if one article gets sold up to 100 times to 100 different people, they can't each be buying the right to put their name on it and claim it as their own content, can they?

Definition of PLR: Private Label Rights: You’re allowed to use your title on the actual article/ item then resell it. Typically you can state copyright, yet occasionally the initial copyright remains. The majority of exclusive label privileges goods additionally permit you to change the product — regarding an e-book, you will generally be given a Word DOC data file which can be modified and converted back to a PDF e-book. With a software program item, you will get the source code together with which you (or a developer you hire) can make adjustments.

Basically a person who buys PLR will edit the articles they buy in order to claim ownership, if the article is unedited the copyrights (for want of a better word) are 'shared'

MysteryRiter
11-28-2011, 05:53 AM
Sorry I hadn't made that clear

Hey no problem. So if I had an essay on why we shouldn't celebrate columbus day, would that be worth sending?

rob1123
11-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey no problem. So if I had an essay on why we shouldn't celebrate columbus day, would that be worth sending?

At the moment, I'm only taking packs of 5 or 10, hopefully in the near future when the site has become more popular I'll take single articles and bundle them myself.

MorganMarshall
11-29-2011, 02:30 AM
It's possible I'm entirely blind, but I can't seem to find what sorts of articles are needed. Could you please clarify? Thank you.

Unimportant
11-29-2011, 03:06 AM
Feel free to write essays if you like, they will be offered on the site, but my official standing on this issue it that it is fairly unethical.
Ah, good. It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between content producers for commercial purposes, and paper mills who sell essays to students. The former is fine; the latter, being academic misconduct and liable to get the student expelled, tends to get us riled up a bit. Usually a call for submissions by an essay mill will get the poster biffed by Mac, AW's owner.

rob1123
11-29-2011, 07:01 PM
It's possible I'm entirely blind, but I can't seem to find what sorts of articles are needed. Could you please clarify? Thank you.

Thanks for pointing that out, used to be a list of categories down the left side panel before it was updated, so sorry for that.

I've updated the writers page to include product categories

MorganMarshall
11-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Awesome. Thanks!

jeffo20
12-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Tried to check out your site and got this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function cap_get_options() in /home/dlearnhy/public_html/PLRpanda.net/wp-content/themes/custom-community/admin/library.php on line 416

rob1123
12-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Tried to check out your site and got this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function cap_get_options() in /home/dlearnhy/public_html/PLRpanda.net/wp-content/themes/custom-community/admin/library.php on line 416

Sorry about that every thing is sorted now

cmckenziemitchinson
12-08-2011, 03:16 PM
I am quite intrigued by this but have one concern. Apologies if you have covered this. How and when is payment made?

What I mean is on your site you show a earning per sale and per pack. So once we turn these in and you have approved them, when can we expect to see either payment? My concern is that in order to make the earning per pack each pack would need 100 buyers. This means 100 people interested in your specific work. I worry that this may take some time. In the meantime, while we wait for sales, do we receive any compensation?

rob1123
12-11-2011, 05:33 AM
I am quite intrigued by this but have one concern. Apologies if you have covered this. How and when is payment made?

What I mean is on your site you show a earning per sale and per pack. So once we turn these in and you have approved them, when can we expect to see either payment? My concern is that in order to make the earning per pack each pack would need 100 buyers. This means 100 people interested in your specific work. I worry that this may take some time. In the meantime, while we wait for sales, do we receive any compensation?

Hey sorry I hadn't replied sooner, not checked the thread in a few days

Unfortunately I can't offer any compensation before sales, hopefully in the future I'll be offering a choice of either lower upfront payment or as it is now. Though there are some things that you can do help your sales increase such as social media promotion etc. or even just +1'ing the site so it shows up in search engines more.