PDA

View Full Version : I am now - officially - a student.

Anninyn
11-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I just gave 700 to the OU for the first module of my degree in English Literature and Language. I need to go buy the set books now.

I'm gonna get me a DEGREE. I'll be all edumacated!

Sophia
11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Ooh, good luck with it! I love the OU. The materials are excellent, the tutors are friendly and supportive, and there is a nice atmosphere on the course forums. Can't say enough nice things about it. :)

backslashbaby
11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Ah, so cool! Some of my classmates (at Oxford) did OU and said they really liked it.

Congratulations!

Anninyn
11-23-2011, 06:26 PM
I need 36 credits to complete. Fortunately, for most of it I can pay in installments. Each module is 60 credits.

So, at the moment I plan to take:
level 1: The arts past and present.
Level 2: Worlds of English and Reading and Studying english literature
Then it's level 3 I really have some fun with.

Of course, having made such a positive decision my depression has decided to try and get me to pull out. It still wants a hold over me, and by doing this I can prove I'm better.

thepicpic
11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Good luck. Speaking as a student of Creative Writing at university, you might have made the right decision- I can't speak for OU but my course is mostly made up from modules for the English courses anyway

Maryn
11-23-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't think depression stands a chance.

I don't know how it works where you are, but in the US, full-time students' tuition and fees also covers the student health service, often legendary for being not-so-good. But it can be a cheap and reliable source for antidepressants if your mental health warrants that.

All hail the edumacated!

Maryn, happy for you

Cliff Face
11-24-2011, 03:52 AM
Woo! Go you!

I'm still waiting on my acceptance letter into Uni... But I'll be doing Creative Writing and Philosophy as a Double Major within an Arts Degree next year. :)

Scary stuff... It'll be a new chapter in my life!

Hey - we can both come on AW and bitch about workloads together. :tongue

Anninyn
11-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah. I'll start, and I haven't even got the official 'we've taken the money you're ours now'. I AM PANICKING. Why'd I think I can do this?

Jehhillenberg
11-26-2011, 04:35 AM
I don't think depression stands a chance.

I don't know how it works where you are, but in the US, full-time students' tuition and fees also covers the student health service, often legendary for being not-so-good. But it can be a cheap and reliable source for antidepressants if your mental health warrants that.

All hail the edumacated!

Maryn, happy for you

Psh, yep. *raising hand in air*

bettielee
11-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Congratulations! Edumacation! whooooo! :)