Excuse me while I do some passive-aggressive first-world whining about Royal Mail.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Mainly about the fact that that their redelivery website is down, they refuse to answer the phone and my 'local' delivery office is an hours walk away when I don't have a car. I have been trying to get this package redelivered for three days.

I'm debating setting up an old fashioned horse courier system. It would probably be more reliable.

I just want my birthday present. :(

Last edited:

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I feel your pain. Received last year's birthday card (my b-day is December 23rd) from my grandma in February.

Bah humbug.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Try having something you ordered delivered to a house next door (which was not listed as my official 'safe place' as I did not know them at all...). They managed to deliver it on the one day when someone was actually in that house. Apparently, they spent the majority of the year living in Ireland and only occasionally returned to England. So, my parcel was in that house for a hell of a long time waiting for someone to come home and let me get to it...

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Royal Mail isn't fancy, it's bog standard. And I remember it being loads better. Apparently my city has the 3rd worst mail service in the country. I can believe it.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Aw! I feel ya. Some of my school correspondence from the UK went to China first. WTF? It was addressed properly. It took months to finally reach me!

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Also, apparently the postie who delivers on wednesday can't read, as he keeps giving us stuff for our neighbours, even when they're in and even when it's standard letter type things.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Old man alert...

Do you remember when the post would turn up at six or seven in the morning, then there'd be a second delivery at about half ten?

Now I'm lucky if the one delivery arrives by 2pm.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It took months to finally reach me!

With the Royal Mail, you are lucky if you receive things at all. I'm still waiting (coming up on eight months now) for a few books which have gone missing between being posted and arriving at my door. And not the kind of books I can run out and buy again. :Soapbox:

Do you remember when the post would turn up at six or seven in the morning, then there'd be a second delivery at about half ten?

I remember the post arriving about half past eight, then midday.

Now I'm lucky if the one delivery arrives by 2pm.

Now I'm lucky if the one delivery arrives at all.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
And another thing, why is the postman (on the infrequent times I see him) so damn happy? Is it because he gets to wear shorts to work?

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I have one good postman and one terrible one. The good one is a man with shoulder length black curly hair. He is nice, bothers to remember that 3a is upstairs from us and never judges me when I answer the door still in my pyjamas at 1pm.

The terrible one is a DIIIICK And I hate him.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
And another thing, why is the postman (on the infrequent times I see him) so damn happy? Is it because he gets to wear shorts to work?

Horrible family not-so-secret - my cousin works for the post office.

Trust me on this, the shorts are not the most popular item of clothing.

Tanglewood

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, bloody Royal Mail. I work with a lot of written correspondence, and whenever they go on strike I get nothing to do for four days straight, and then it all comes in at once.