PDA

View Full Version : Ghostwriter / Critic [Min. $0.10/word]

quintain
11-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm a university faculty member who'd like to write occasional reviews of serious contemporary fiction, but lack both the time and the writerly style do do them myself. (I mean reviews in newspapers and magazines for general readers; we're not talking about scholarly work for academic journals, which I do more than enough of myself.) I'm hoping to work with someone who could help me (in a collaborative way) identify suitable books for review, and write very elegant, polished first drafts. You should be knowledgeable about contemporary fiction and able to write thoughtfully and sensitively about it. This is strictly part-time, but I will make it worth your while. Pay entirely negotiable, at least .20 per word. Probably more, I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm paying well. Email stylus@pobox.com

Tom from UK
11-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I don't understand. You want someone to review books for you and write the reviews (at a decent rate of pay) for you to publish under your name?

I'm not objecting to the principle (there's nothing wrong about ghost writing) but it seems a bit odd. Is this for term papers or is it legitimate? I might be interested if it's kosher.

FabricatedParadise
11-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Tom, the impression I got was that he wants to be the one to do the reading and it's his opinion the writer would be sharing. I could be wrong though; it's been known to happen. :D

I will also throw in for this. If it's legit, I'd likely be interested.

Tom from UK
11-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes, that would make sense - except he's asking the writer to suggest the books.

I'm intrigued enough to be very interested.

quintain
11-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Entirely legit, I'm an academic for whom medical issues are a barrier to writing. Not a student asking someone to write my term papers!! Though as a teacher I'm glad you asked that. I should clarify, the writer and I would work together to select the books and write the reviews; I'd just ask you to do the initial drafting...

CJWrite
12-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Are you still looking for someone?