New Mod

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Alphabet has stepped down as poetry moderator, though I hope she'll still hang around and play with us.

But perhaps you would be so kind as to extend a warm welcome to the new poetry moderator...

William Haskins.

Welcome back, William!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Hurray for William! If anyone could make me want to write poety, it would be Haskins.

Fortunately for all involved, I have a powerful will, and resist the urge.

Really.

Be thankful.

It wasn't pretty, when last I dabbled wayyyyy back in high school.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Mr. Haskins - do you know how many people you've made happy today? You must hate that. There's a poem in there I'm sure.

Mac - I feel the same way - think we should start a Bad Poet Rising Thread in there? Or will Haskins ban us?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Jill.

heh...
heh, heh, heh...
heh, heh, Hahahahaha

MUAHAHHAHahhahahhahahahaha!!!!

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! First, thanks to Alphabet for all of your hard work, and encouragement.

And second, congratulations to William! I can't think of a more fun person on the boards, and look forward to seeing your contributions.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alphabet - you've done a great job. PLEASE don't say you're leaving completely!

William's back?!?!? (be still my beating heart....)
::::dancing on tippy toes:::::

Lalalala - sometimes good things *do* happen...lalalalalala....

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is this a joke or is it for real????

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
rhymegirl said:
Is this a joke or is it for real????

part of the condition of my parole is community service. my lawyers argued that an online community meets all of the criteria, except for body odor and requiring to bring a snack tray, that defines a physical community. after some expert legal wrangling, i was freed to return and do good deeds for my fellow poets.

with programs like this, i may never kill again.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately I no longer am able to make the commitment that moderating the forum (to the standard it deserves) would require of me. I really did enjoy the experience while it was possible for me, and I'm so glad of all the people that from time to time told me I was doing a good job of it. Jenna can probably tell you I was very doubtful I'd be any good at all when first asked.

A warm welcome back to William Haskins from me, and congratulations too. I really missed your participation and was so pleased to see you starting once more to get involved. I hoped the critique room would make a difference and I think it has.

William Haskins gave me my first ever rep point at AW and can therefore do no wrong :banana: or something like that. He also happens to be a talented poet and a wonderful human being (although admittedly that isn't unique on the board (and no, I don't mean that isn't Unique - lol)).

I'm really not sure how involved I will stay in a practical sense, it is what time will tell and more importantly what time will allow, but I certainly wish everyone the very best in their poetic life and careers and in every other respect too.

We really should have a hall of blame - I'd be responsible for two months of it. Only we'd know how many memories that really was.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, William. We've missed you.

Congrats on your new job here! :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And thank you, Alphabet for doing such a great job for us as mod!

Cabinscribe

Often ignored by muses
Registered
Reaction score
William, it's great to see you're back; particularly after seeing your face!

(Sorry ... couldn't resist ... I remembered that line from some insult book I read once.)

Thank you Alphabet, for all your hard work. Please stick around; we all enjoy reading your posts!

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you are back William--I might even post one of my poems for you to tear a part!

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Alphabet, I'm going to miss you. I know I speak for others when I say how much I appreciated your feedback. Busy or not, you seemed to always be there when I asked for help. And as one of the winners of the first Worst Poetry Competitions, I want to thank you for keeping things hopping.

William, we've really missed you here on the poetry forum. Now we've got you for sure. Terrific.

Cassie

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
William, the poetry forum could not be in better hands.

You will be pleased to know that I also do not inflict my poetry on the public-at-large, but stick mainly to prose. I do, however, look on all the truly talented poets with a sense of awe.

Best of luck, everyone.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's great news, William. Sure glad you're back and bet you'll be in rare form with all that time away. *smilie would have been inserted here, but William doesn't want those.*

Alphabet, you did a really great job as Poetry Mod. and so hope we'll still see you 'round the boards.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to Alphabet for her encouragenment and feedback..much appretiated.
Looking forward to meeting you William.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

This move has not only raised a lot of questions in my mind, but has made my conspiracymeter hit the red zone with a vengeance.

I first noticed that Alphabet's name wasn't listed as the Poetry Mod a few days ago and wondered to myself: "Myself, just what exactly is going on over there?"

If only I'd acted on my suspicions then. As we all know, to our immense sorrow, it's too late now.

What happened, I wonder. Obviously there must've been an intense behind-the-scenes power struggle. Of course we probably won't ever find out the whole sordid story but I imagine there must've been some serious ballot tampering. Bribery. Extortion.

I mean - C'mon! Haskins mysteriously disappears for a few weeks and then Bam! out of the blue, he pops up holding the reins of power? COUP D'ETAT, people!

Jeez, it's obvious that he had this planned for a very, very long time. First he gets rid of Wordsoup (nobody's heard from her in forever), then when Alphabet is unexpectedly installed in office, Haskins plots behind the scenes for her demise. Of course, he had to make sure he wasn't around when the axe fell so he "went away."

Yeah, perfect alibi.

And isn't it so coincidental that Jenna goes away to Disneyland and comes back and props up this whole false Haskins regime as one of her first acts back in the office? Obviously she had a run-in with one of Haskins' goons down there. I wouldn't be surprised if she had an encounter with the bastard himself! Didn't she say she met Goofy? (Or was it Daffy?)

Ha! What other evidence do you need?! I always suspected that he operated from some evil and distorted place - what better than Disneyland?

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm gonna be keeping a very close eye on this forum.

Watch out, kiddies. This is just the beginning....

Last edited:

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

It's all so well worked out, I hate to... but no, no strings on me.

If I'd realised my going would have brought about Haskins return, though, I could have gone sooner - sorry about that, Haskins! (and everyone else)

But maybe it wouldn't have. Maybe just now was the only going time that could have got Haskins back - how wonderful is that?