PDA

View Full Version : What type of ID do high ranking govt. officials carry?

Graz
11-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Does a Treasury or an US Federal reserve official carry any sort of badge, govt; ID card naming them and their position held?

alexshvartsman
11-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Does a Treasury or an US Federal reserve official carry any sort of badge, govt; ID card naming them and their position held?

They'd have to have photo IDs to get into their buildings but I don't think it normally states the person's position/job title.

shaldna
11-21-2011, 07:52 PM
In the UK out Govt Officials have a photo ID stating their name and Department, but that's it.

Steve Collins
11-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Senior Police Officers in London carry a silver token.

cbenoi1
11-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Business cards. A blackberry. And keys to their office.

About the same things as any other CEO in the country.

-cb

ironmikezero
11-21-2011, 11:22 PM
The actual format varies by Branch, Department, and/or Agency, but a photo ID (with generally classified security aspects) is the norm.

shaldna
11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
My Govt ID has a picture of me (not a flattering one though, i look like a serial killer in it) the name of my department in full, the departments logo, my signature and full name and my employee identification number. on the back there is a warning saying that the card is property of the department and if found should be handed it at a police station.

We have to wear them all the time.

In addition, if we are going into the Assembly or into Stormont (our parliament buildings) then we have to have to use our ID pass to get in, then hand it in and get another, different one for use inside the building.

Graz
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
thanks everyone