PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected surprise...

areteus
11-21-2011, 06:01 PM
I mentioned in another thread that I was due at a supply agency interview this morning. Just got back from that... Had a big surprise during the interview. Apparently the interviewer had googled me (he said it was by accident but I think its an SOP to check out potentials...) and found references to my published work. Was completely thrown by this but was inwardly pleased to see that the publicity machine seems to be working (given that if you googled my name a few years ago you'd only get a Viscount who is related to the queen and is not me at all :) ).

Anyone else had any surprising references to their work come up in unexpected places?

BeatrixKiddo
11-22-2011, 01:49 AM
I don't think I've found myself anywhere online except the sites I know of. It is spooky how many employers are "looking" for potential employees online now though. Guess that's just the way of things.

Wayne K
11-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Someone walked up to my father in an Alanon meeting and asked him if he had a son who is an author. He liked my book page for A Life Gone Awry on Face Book a few days before

areteus
11-22-2011, 02:45 AM
Oh, I knew the sites he had found. It was just nice to see that they were being read by someone other than me :)

Cliff Face
11-22-2011, 02:56 AM
I've never been published, so I don't have any of these cool stories. :(

The best I can do is that a lot of people will ask me how my writing is going once they know I write. As in, weeks will pass, and then they'll say, "Hey, how's your writing going anyway?"

And everyone who knows I write thinks it's cool. :D Me? Cool? Never! :tongue

bettielee
11-22-2011, 03:36 AM
I found that links to my blog were being posted on some weird "alternative" site that I don't even visit. But it drives up visitors to my blog. I have 93 followers! When I get to 100 I'm going to arm them and take off across the country! :)

Cliff Face
11-22-2011, 07:38 AM
I've always found armed followers to be more useful at carrying things than ones without arms.

Does that make me an armist?

Susan Littlefield
11-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Awesome!

areteus
11-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Arming followers? Depends... are any of them creepy stalkers or are they all lovely? :)

bettielee
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know, but i"m sure they like me. They can't be all bad, can they?