Need someone fluent in Spanish

Ashley Leigh

Hoarder of Useless Information
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorashleyleigh.blogspot.com
The post title pretty much says it, but just to reiterate - I really need someone who is fluent in Spanish. I'm currently working on a YA novel that features a Spanish-speaking antagonist and I'd love some help working out the translations as I only know the very basics of the language.

If anyone is interested in helping me, feel free to shoot me a PM or you can just reply to this thread and I'll shoot you a PM ;) Either way is fine with me!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to get more specific with where this character originated from. Dur dur. I'm silly. The antagonist's parents are originally from Mexico, more specifically from Santa Rosalia (if we want to get really specific.) I'm afraid to use a Spanish-English translator because, well, it'll probably be incorrect or will read too formally, etc.

Last edited:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Ashley, this is the second thread you've posted in here asking for people you can pm with questions about your story.

Unless the questions are of a personal or sensitive nature please post them in the thread. If you're looking for someone to help you with translations, Maybe there are some folks in the International District who can help.

Ashley Leigh

Hoarder of Useless Information
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorashleyleigh.blogspot.com
I posted two different threads for two different requests because I didn't want one request to be lost in the shadow of the other.

I'm sorry . . . I didn't know there were rules against sending other members PMs. But in the case of the California thread, I prefer to work one-on-one with someone. I'm going to have a lot of questions - some that will probably seem silly or nonsensical - spanned out over an indefinite period of time. I'd rather converse via PM with a single individual than keep bringing an outdated thread back to life with each new question I have - an outdated thread that could very easily be overlooked.

With this thread, a few of the phrases I need to have translated could be seen as offensive in nature which is why I wanted to keep them private. I thought it would be appropriate to post this request here as this is research for my story and this is the story research board. But, if you think it'd be better served elsewhere, I'm fine with going elsewhere.

Thanks.

Last edited:

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
On a side note, your request is too narrow. It would be helpful to include the the ethic background of your character.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
I'm sorry . . . I didn't know there were rules against sending other members PMs. But in the case of the California thread, I prefer to work one-on-one with someone.[/ quote]

Really - there aren't rules about not sending PMs, but in the California case it sounds more like you're looking for a buddy than an answer to a specific question.

From my perspective, if a member is going to spend time lending their expertise, I prefer they do that on the forum so that others can learn from them too.

With this thread, a few of the phrases I need to have translated could be seen as offensive in nature which is why I wanted to keep them private.
Fair enough. I think you'll find more people are willing to volunteer to help if you can be more specific exactly what you are looking for.

I haven't closed this, and I'm not going to. But I really do prefer if you can share as much of the knowledge in the forum as possible.