Tucker & Dave VS Evil

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I had no idea what this was, but I googled it and...OH YEAH, I gotta see it. It's coming out on dvd soon so I'll get back to ya. Thanks for the head's up.

ReFreeze

Cap'n Rahn
Registered
Reaction score
I am glad to have infected others with this film! Do me the favor of reviewing T&DvsE once you get to view it.

Now, When I get to my 50 posts} I'll be posting my notes on a proposed sequel.

"Tucker, Dale & the Village of the Dang'd"

Are you 'teased'? ;}

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I am glad to have infected others with this film! Do me the favor of reviewing T&DvsE once you get to view it.

Now, When I get to my 50 posts} I'll be posting my notes on a proposed sequel.

"Tucker, Dale & the Village of the Dang'd"

Are you 'teased'? ;}

Is your avatar James Marsters (more specifically the character Spike from Buffy and Angel) dressed up as an Andorian?

Last edited:

ReFreeze

Cap'n Rahn
Registered
Reaction score
Many apologies

Apologies for taking a year + to answer... I've been 'drydocked' {read ill, I'll be posting that trial in another thread, lol} and not quite able to communicate. I am better now, hope it lasts!

Anyhoo - You are quite right! The avatar is James Marsters, as a character of mine - Tharen Lokar from the old 'Star Trek Role Playing game'. I did the photoplasty meself, from a pic of James {of course} and one of Shran {Jeffrey Combs} from "Enterprise".

How do you like it, incomplete as it is.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty cool avi, if I do say so myself. I'm not into role-playing games but this shows inventiveness.

As for the movie...one of the best send-ups of the stupid-college-kids-get-mowed-down genre. Good-natured, well-acted by a cast of unknowns (most of them were for me, anyway, with the exception of Alan Tudyk AKA 'Sonny') and has a great ending.

I like the sequel idea and have an idea of where it will go...but that's for Hollyweird to decide.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Loved this movie. Went into it without expectations (other than "EHRMAHGERD ALAN TUDYK"). Found the way it poked fun at the standard teenager hack-and-slash flick hilarious.

StevenHarvey1990

Registered
Reaction score
My favourite Comedy-Horror film. I hadn't heard a thing about it at all. My cousin convinced me to watch it and I love him for that. Alan Tudyk can do no wrong, seriously underrated.

I'm undecided on a sequel.

PS. I'm writing a movie that is similar, in that it pokes fun at the genre but it's more Horror-Comedy.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Really liked this movie. Clever funpokery.

ReFreeze

Cap'n Rahn
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I know I haven't reached my 50 post threshold {I'm workin' on it!}, so I am not asking for critiques. I sorta consider posting this as a litmus test to the viability of the idea, not a 'taste test'... if you catch my drift and is'na too deep.

So, to the Admins - If I FUBAR'd this post, I apologize, in advance and will remove it with all haste.

"Tucker, Dale and the Village of the Dang'd" proposal

by R.e. Freeze on Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 8:35pm ·

Working Title:Tucker, Dale and the Village of the Dang'd"

Precis
Tucker and Dale fought Evil in the guise of crazy suicidal college kids and lost their summer home to the mayhem that ensued. Follow our tortured heroes as they hit the road to do odd jobs to rebuild their dream home.

Prologue
On the road in their new {so-to-speak} truck and burgeoning company, T&D Consultin' {an odd-job business}, the boys hit the small but posh mountaintop village of Hiwitch. As usual their timing sucks, because they arrive during a very strange occurrence - everyone of the populace is comatose. To top things off, Dale is so bushed, he keeps trying to fall asleep! Tucker tries to formulate a theory but as soon as he thinks he is close the government intrudes just as the Hiwitch residents awaken.

The boys, of course, are implicated in the Event...

MORE TO COME...