Status
Not open for further replies.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I know there's a thread for SW:TOR already, but I thought I'd pass this along with a thread of it's own.

Right now Curse.com is giving away beta keys. They started with 175,000, no idea how many are left, but go here and grab one while you can:

http://www.curse.com/news/star-wars...star-wars-the-old-republic-beta-keys-at-curse

Be sure and follow their instructions. You have to create an account with Curse (free, easy) and of course you need an account on the SW:TOR site that has opted in for beta testing in the account settings.

They have keys for NA and Europe. Also YOU MUST REDEEM THE KEYS BY FRIDAY. Once you redeem the key, you'll receive an invite by email for the next beta event (probably this weekend).

J.W. Alden

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Are these keys different than the invites that only get you into the weekend beta test?

I really don't know. It just says that they're for an upcoming beta event. Since the keys go void this Friday, I'd be willing to bet they're for this weekend's test.

I was in last weekend's beta, but I was still glad to get a key since there's no guarantee I'll get back in to the next one.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I was/am in Closed Beta.
Got to ~30.

The game's really fun, I just don't have the time or money to play it ATM, so I've stopped so as not to ache too much when my characters get wiped.

Last edited:

J.W. Alden

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I managed to get to 11 last weekend. Definitely a great game, easily the best MMO I've played. I'm not typically an MMO fan, I get bored with them easily, but this one really had a hold of me. I love that you don't need to group up if you don't want to, I played almost the entire time solo, only grouped up once.

Despite loving it though, I won't be buying it. I just can't support a game that's still using the subscription model. I can't pay 15 bucks a month for a game I've already paid full price for. If it ever goes Free To Play, I'll get it for sure.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Despite loving it though, I won't be buying it. I just can't support a game that's still using the subscription model. I can't pay 15 bucks a month for a game I've already paid full price for. If it ever goes Free To Play, I'll get it for sure.
For once it may be necessary--they've sunk an enormous amount of money, even by MMO standards into this. They can't afford to get piecemeal monetary gains at the start, they need big numbers/returns to keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.