PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see J. Edgar?

playground
11-16-2011, 03:14 AM
It wasn't as good as I thought it would be (I thought it would be Oscar worthy) but it was entertaining. Everyone else's thoughts?

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
11-16-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm scared of it. Altho I know I will eventually see it. But yeah, egomaniacal cross-dressing gay dude--the premise fills me with great trepidation.

Manuel Royal
11-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Well, there's really no evidence that Hoover was a transvestite. And any portrayal of his private life involves a lot of speculation; he was a master at maintaining both his personal privacy and a carefully-crafted pubilc image.

I enjoyed the movie. Though some of the old-age makeup was terrible. Sometimes slow; never dull.

The MG Renegade
11-16-2011, 08:05 AM
We saw it and it was dull,dull, dull. Dicaprio was good as always, but being a huge fan of Clint Eastwood as a director (Forgiven, Million Dollar Baby, Grab Torino), I was completely disgusted. I kept waiting for the story to get going, but after an hour in, I was ready to get my money back.

Don't waste your time or money. Wait for it to hit Netflix where it costs you relatovely nothing (except your time).

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
07-27-2012, 12:54 PM
I finally saw this. My fears were unfounded. It was a valentine to ol JEH. And even though I figured it was mostly fantasy, I enjoyed it.

Celia Cyanide
07-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I quite liked it too. Especially the scenes between DiCaprio and Judy Dench. Not my favorite Clint Eastwood movie, but I liked it.