trying to remember a quote from Star Trek

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing an article and trying to remember what is it that Kirk says to beam up? Is it "Transport, energize." or "beam me up" I remember "trasnport, pepear to beam for two" but I think that's from TNG. I haven't seen any star Trek episodes in so long.

Ok, thanks

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true or not, but I remember reading somewhere that the famous phrase--Beam me up, Scotty--was never actually said by Kirk. :Shrug:

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
In Classic Star Trek, the phrase "Beam me/us up" is used often, but IIRC, not the whole phrase "Beam me up, Scotty" even though that's the one everyone quotes. It's similiar to "Elementary, my dear Watson" from Sherlock Holmes.

"Energize" is the command to begin transport. "Engage" was Picard's catch-phrase from ST:TNG.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Yes, "Beam me up, Scotty" is one of those famous never-was quotes like "Play it again, Sam," and Cary Grant saying "Judy, Judy, Judy."

On the original show they either said, "Energize," or "Beam me up," or "Two to beam up" or however many there were.

Last edited:

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Damn! You've destroyed fond memories. I've always remembered it as "Beam me up, Scotty."

Status
Not open for further replies.