January 2005 Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arisa81

It's a new year....almost heh...whoo-hoo !! :lol
I hope everyone is ready with their goals.

Here are mine:

:D Begin work on my poetry book (hopefully ready to submit by June or July, after we've moved)

:D Write as many good articles as I can and submit them

:D Try my hand at some short stories

:D Continue writing greeting card verse

May this new year of writing bring happiness and success to each and every one of you ! Good luck :D

triceretops

resolutions

Good for you, Arisa!

Just because I still haven't got a word processing program, I'm not deterred. I hand-wrote 30 pages of my manuscript so I'll have chapters to send my agent. I'll type it up soon as I get the program.

Tri

Arisa81

Re: resolutions

Good for you Tri
I always handwrite my work before typing it out.
I did write a novelette once but typed it out from the beginning. Hmm...I should that about sending that story out again hehe.

Dhewco

My goals are the same as before. But more structured. I wish to write ten chapters of the sequel. Maybe a little on the Alt. History.

Get a job. The insurance company and I parted ways. Technically, I quit. But I would have been fired anyway. I was only making 100 dollars a week.

David

Melina

Good luck, April, Chris and David.

I have lots of short-term goals for this year, but my biggest long-term goal is to make enough money from my writing to take my kids to Disneyland/Sea World/Universal Studios. I'm counting on you all to nag-ahem-encourage me, and I promise to give you a swift kick-er, hug- whenever you need one.

Thanks for being here, now let's make this a great year!

Melina

Arisa81

Re: Re: resolutions

Melina:

What a sweet long term goal. I wish you lots and lots of luck ! :D

Okay, today I finally getting back into SERIOUS writing. It's been tough to get out of vacation mode, but today should be much better.

The Knowing Skull

My goals this month are to submit my children's book to several publishers, submit my science fiction farce to more publishers than heretofore submitted to, finish a zombie story, and finish my next children's book. Hopefully, start another project by the end of the month!

Melina

Thanks, April!

I'm so excited for everyone here! Check in from time to time, folks, and let us know how things are shaping up.

Melina

triceretops

Re: Re: Re: resolutions

Gak! Thirty pages of sample chapter, eight book proposal overview, seventeen, chapter outline, and the table of contents--hand written. Now to type this mess and shoot to Mr. Agent. Whew. Start chapter three!

Tri

Arisa81

Good luck Tri !

Well, I am working hard on my goals and actually doing quite well with no issues.

One thing came up, I got a "good" idea for a non-fiction book. I just had to begin work on it so I am organizing myself well between the two books, and since I can't submit any books until after June (when we move) I have time...well 4.5 months but that's a while. :) If my second book idea keeps going in Feb I will decide it's a serious idea :b

Sailor Kenshin

Tri and Arisa, I always hand-write my first drafts. (I like pens and paper, what can I say?)

My goals this year are to get back to circulating my manuscripts.

Coco82

Write my book I;ve been putting off. I started (even though it was only very little) last year and want to get it done this year.

Melina

Well, good luck, Coco! And welcome to AW! Glad to have you join us on the Goals board. Check in and let us know how it's going.

Melina

JSBulldog89

Re: Re: Re: Re: resolutions

I think I have a lot of goals this year. It will be challenging to accomplish all of these, but they seem do-able.

1) Finish editing the novel I wrote in November and send it out to publishers.

2) Write the first draft of two more novels, one in May and the other in November.

3) Edit the novel I write in May and send it out to publishers.

4) Continue working on a short story collection that I have started to write.

And yes, I am new here. Hi everybody! :)

-Robert

Arisa81

Re: Re: Re: Re: resolutions

Welcome again Robert !
Glad you found our little corner of the cooler

And good luck on your goals, keep us up to date okay ?:D

Melina

Welcome, Robert!

Great set of goals--good luck, and keep us posted!

Melina

triceretops

Melina, you doll! What a selfless act of kindness toward your kids. I'll be sure to give you a swift hug, how's that. I WILL you to succeed, in fact, you will, you will, you will succeed.

Tri

Melina

Aaaaaawwwwww! Thanks, Chris! It really means a lot to have your support. It's February now, and I've got a couple of queries circulating. Guess I'll have to pick up the pace if I'm gonna get anywhere with this thing...See ya on the February thread!

Melina

Status
Not open for further replies.