Costco members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose colored glasses

Registered
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I got the latest issue of Costco's member magazine and was thinking it would be great to get SoS in Costco.

How many of our authors are Costco members? If we send a list and a copy of the book to Costco's book buyer/reviewer, maybe we'd have a chance at them stocking it, which would be an awesome opportunity. I'm sure they would do a write up for the magazine as well.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Ha! Yep, I asked this same question a few weeks ago, and I think three contributors are Costco members. I haven't found time to write up a pitch for them yet, but I will very soon. I, too, think this would be a perfect venue.

-Edit: Oh, wait! Nope, I didn't ask the *same* question. I asked a slightly different question. I was talking about getting us featured in the magazine. Getting stocked in the stores would be amazing, of course! Anyone feel like looking into this? I know that a lot of the big retail stores want major discounts that we can't give, so I kind of doubt it'll happen, but it's definitely worth a try.

Rose colored glasses

Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, my thought with Costco is that they are often involved in relief efforts, such as after the train wreck in L.A. this year. It would look good for a merchant to promote a book donated to disaster relief.

I don't know about the financial obstacles, but it couldn't hurt to send a review copy and information. I'm thinking someone has got to be moved by this book enough to stock it and promote it.

Status
Not open for further replies.