Creating One Free Book Cover

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
I'm in the process of creating my business plan for class, and since photo illustration is my main focus (with emphasis on cover illustration), it would help me to have examples of real book covers I've created for clients.

As such, I've decided to offer doing one-two free book cover illustrations. (Note, it will have a contract to outline all rights and such, but seeing as this is in the making, it could be a little bit before I have the completed product).

Book Cover Will Include:
Premade Pictures: As Needed (I most likely will not do a direct photoshoot for this, since it is free)
Number of Edits Allowed: 4
Sketches: Minimum 4
Wrap-Around Cover: No

Marketing Package:
Bookmark; Business Card Format
1000px 72 ppi image for website
50 px, 100 px,
Thumbnail Image for website
8x10 in 240 dpi Poster Flyer Image
Custom Ebook Cover Format

Exclusivity: I may liscense the image used here as part of other creative works. I require that credit is given to me either on the copyright page of the book or the back of the book. (Formatted something like: Cover Illustration Copyright (c) 2011 by Stephanie Bibb.) Rights do remain with me to the image, however, you will have a liscense to use it for one novel.
--

For examples: http://www.sbibbphoto.com or http://sbibb.deviantart.com

If interested, please post here with a brief idea of what you're looking for in a cover, the style and theme, and genre of the book. I'd prefer to do a cover for someone who is actually planning on using the cover for thier book (providing that they like the image) so please don't post if you already have an image you intend to use.

I will choose one or two people to do covers for, and please understand that the process of completing this cover could take a month, since I also have college classes to attend to.

Thanks, and hopefully I can be of help. :)

--

I will post here if for some reason I will be unable to do this, and I reserve the right to modify this at any time (unless a contract has actually been signed) should I realize details are missing or need to be corrected.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'd be interested in this!

I'll be releasing a novel in March-April (depending on my coursework) that I've promised for some old readers.

It's a paranormal romance between a vampire and a vampire hunter (queer). I don't have a real direction for the cover, other than...I'd like something with a sense of the forbidden? It seems logical, and if you take me on for this I'd be happy to discuss it with you instead of just throwing you into it.

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
Thanks for your interest. I'll send you a message and see what I can do with this. :)

(If anyone still wants to post in case I choose to do a second one, go ahead).

jhallo03

Registered
Reaction score
Yes - I would love you to consider my cover

Hi! I would love for you to consider my cover too. My cover work is all that I am missing to go forward with publishing. My book is metaphysical/spiritual self help book called - "Finding Home - Breaking Free from Limits"

I have a very specific image in my mind of a silhouetted figure leaning forward chained. From his center light beams out as one strong arm busts free from the chains with links scattering all around.

I am new in this community so hope I'm not being too forward but my very first post I read was about your proposal. I couldn't help but think it was a synchronicity since even though I was doing research when I came to this site, it wasn't really about covers.

I want something with a mix of mystical, magical and inspiring that demonstrates a definite message of "breaking free" in the design.

Would love to hear your thought. Thanks!

Rebekkah

To thine own self be true.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
themusingwriter.blogspot.com
I'd be interested in this too. I'm planning on self-publishing my book, hopefully in March, and I need a cover for it. My book (it's actually a series) is a YA paranormal entitled, 'Beyond the Eyes'. I was thinking of something dark and haunting for the cover, like a misty forest, and a face with glowing eyes, or something like that. If you can do it, let me know and I'll tell ya about the story so we can flush out ideas. If you're too busy, I understand and appreciate you offering your help to us. :)

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
Hey, thanks for responding. :)

I've got to get a few things done, first, but I'll try to message you guys in the next couple days, and I'll see if we can work something out. :)