PDA

View Full Version : Postive rejection...

Christine N.
12-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Ok, so yes, it's a rejection... but it's not a BAD rejection. It's not a FORM rejection. Check this out...

To Christine,

Thank you for submitting to Prospect Agency.

We greatly appreciate your submission, and though
The Crown of Zeus is not a good fit for us, your
writing shows promise. We would be interested to
consider any future projects.

We wish you the best of luck in your writing
career. Again, thank you for thinking of Prospect
Agency.

Respectfully,
Prospect Agency

So, I'm thinking this is a step forward. This may be the only rejection notice I actually keep! LOL I'm kinda proud of it. Is that weird?

scfirenice
12-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Once you start getting positive rejections good news will follow. It means you have something and are selling it well. Now you just need the right agency. Good luck!

Jamesaritchie
12-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Step one is form rejection slips. Step two is personalized rejection slips. Step three is when they ask for rewrites. Step four is when they want what you have.

You're climbing the ladder, and that's always something to be proud of.

emerald dragonfly
12-06-2005, 07:37 AM
:Clap: What a very nice letter! It sounds like you're on the right track. Keep up the good work!

Keep on writing!

emerald dragonfly

Dhewco
12-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Umm, what step does 'We are no longer accepting queries from new clients at this time." come in?

David

Susie
12-09-2005, 02:20 AM
That is a really nice and constructive 'rejection.' Hope you will soon get acceptance letters.

Master Bedroom
12-10-2005, 07:40 AM
They said that, The Crown of Zeus is not a good fit for us.

Thatís what it all boils down to; you canít put a square peg in a round hole.
I love the Title, keep trying!

Christine N.
12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Thank you :) It's a really cool story - actually the first of a series. Yes, Book Two is almost done, even though I haven't sold Book One yet. But this way I'm ahead of the game :)

I like the part where "my writing shows promise". Yes, I don't suck!

I got a request for three and a synopsis from another agent just yesterday... so cross your fingers!

waylander
12-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Actually it is a form rejection because that is word for word what I received from The Prospect Agency for my fantasy novel. However it is still a 'good' rejection because I know someone else who received a less encouraging response. It appears that they have a hierachy of form rejections.

Julie Worth
12-11-2005, 02:12 AM
I once queried a big publisher, including three chapters, and as they didnít respond within several months, I send them another package, including the entire ms. Then I got a rejection on the ms. It was a rejection sure, but it was terribly nice. It complemented my writing, so I was ecstatic. Months later I got a rejection on my first submission. This one was from a different person, on different paper, but the wording was identical. Alas!

Hannah
12-11-2005, 02:22 AM
That's not weird. I keep all of my rejection letters, so I can remember when. :popcorn:

Master Bedroom
12-11-2005, 06:01 AM
Well I just sent a submission to The Prospect agency yesterday, by their Internet thingy, but didnít get a confirmation response in my email.

Today I just realized that I gave them the wrong email address, so I sent them the proper one this morning. Not off to a good start.

Christine N.
12-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, someone else told me that it was a form response. But, like someone said, it's not the 'you stink, don't bother us' form response. LOL

It's all good... I got a request for three chapter from another agent yesterday. :)

aruna
12-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Congratulations, Christine. This is a wearying process and even if ti was a rejection, it was a good one. Just carry on, and goodl luck next time!

Bufty
12-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Congratulations, and fingers crossed for the current one. :banana:

Master Bedroom
12-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Yeah, someone else told me that it was a form response. But, like someone said, it's not the 'you stink, don't bother us' form response. LOL
:)

Well I hope they got the rite email that I sent them, I wouldn't want somebody else getting my rejection.