Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteDutcher

Twitter: @petedutcherjr
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I wasn't sure where to put this...I gave it my best guess :)

I am in to process of revamping my website at www.petedutcher.com and could use advice on what to put on it. Right now, I just have the template installed and some images to get the general idea across.

CURRENT FEATURES
  • Homepage is a slider of large images that will promote my books, along with a description to the left of the image
  • The menu contains links to my blog, about me page, contact page, a "Buy my Books" page, and a link to my Facebooks page.

It also has an extra page added..."F2P Games" (Free to Play). It's a personal thing, but I like the games to clear my head when Writer's Block rears its head...so long as I set a timer (otherwise I'll waste a day playing).
I would appreciate any advice. I deleted all my old posts to my blog so I can start fresh, which I will do as new things happen.

And I could use ideas on what to post other than info related directly to my books. One of my favorite author websites is http://www.terrybrooks.net/

He has a lot of features there...but I'm sure he pays someone to do it for him, whereas I lose time writing if I work on the website, lol.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm. Might end up in Self-Promotion, but I'll move it to Book Promotion for now.

PeteDutcher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Didn't think it belonged in book promotion because it doesn't really focus directly on promoting books...more like promoting me :)

But I'm easy....just ask my wife ;)

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
Very good. Nice backgrounds they work great, but being a large area in relation to your entire page; when it changes it becomes too significant in relation to the content. The area that changes on TerryBrooks site is a lot smaller in that rectangle just below the menu. If it just stayed on one background for each page (other than the one where you primarily show it) it would work better I think, otherwise there's too much going on outside viewers central vision.

Last edited:

PeteDutcher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Very good. Nice backgrounds they work great, but being a large area in relation to your entire page; when it changes it becomes too significant in relation to the content. The area that changes on TerryBrooks site is a lot smaller in that rectangle just below the menu. If it just stayed on one background for each page (other than the one where you primarily show it) it would work better I think, otherwise there's too much going on outside viewers central vision.

I actually have a couple different designs to chose from. So I may change it.

I would like this one better if the images were clickable and linked to the sales page for that book.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Looks good! "Other" isn't spelled correctly on your about page. ;)

Promethean Dreams

Registered
Reaction score
I like the site but the featured products are moving way to quickly. Also since you are selling stories and products its not clear if the stories are your own or someone else's. I think separating the products from your stories would be helpful.

SummerSurf57

Banned
Reaction score
This is so creative, though I found the products moved too quickly. Also, make it clear that they are yours

PeteDutcher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am not just selling my own books. The information is on the product page for each book, but I'll see if I can add a label of some sort.

The timing may not be adjustable. I'll have to check on that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.