PDA

View Full Version : So - I went to the beach...

mccardey
11-12-2011, 10:20 AM
... and I think I sunburnt the soles of my feet. Is that something that happens to feet?

(I'm not much of an outdoors kind of girl...)

Cliff Face
11-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Reason #611 why I don't go to the beach. ;)

But seriously - unless you were laying down with your soles facing the sun, I don't imagine it's sun burn. Probably just a regular burn from hot sand.

Or maybe... Maybe an alien has burrowed into your feet and is planning to take over the world?!? Oh noes!

mccardey
11-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Reason #611 why I don't go to the beach. ;)

But seriously - unless you were laying down with your soles facing the sun, I don't imagine it's sun burn. Probably just a regular burn from hot sand.

Or maybe... Maybe an alien has burrowed into your feet and is planning to take over the world?!? Oh noes!

Well, see - I was lying on my stomach. So, yeah - the soles of my feet were pointing sort of upwards. But isn't that the sort of thing there should be a warning about, on that warning sign with the sharks and the rips and the bluebottles?

Also - there was no mention of aliens on that sign... Just sayin' ...

Cliff Face
11-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Hmm.

*puts on thinking cap and strokes chinbeard*

Have you considered writing a letter to your MP?

mccardey
11-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Hmm.

*puts on thinking cap and strokes chinbeard*

Have you considered writing a letter to your MP?

Oh, I'm going to - don't worry! I'm so going to.

Also, I'm going to find out who's in charge of Feet. Because they'll be getting a letter, too...

;)

French Maiden
11-12-2011, 12:30 PM
there was an add campaigne on tv a few years ago in Australia (Skin cancer capital of the world) about a guy who didnt think to put sunsren on the bottoms of his feet - i mean who would think to? (he was a real beach junkie) and he got a melenoma skin cancer on his foot. He died unfortunatelly.

Not to scare you or anything :)

Maiden x

Cliff Face
11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh, you don't want to mess with the people in charge of Feet!

They'll fine you $350 for a pair of loafers and then tell you you need a pedicure.

You'd be much better off going via the Ankle People - the Feet People can't get by without them, and the Anklers are a lot nicer to deal with. Usually they'll encourage you to have ice cream. ;)

Cliff Face
11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
there was an add campaigne on tv a few years ago in Australia (Skin cancer capital of the world) about a guy who didnt think to put sunsren on the bottoms of his feet - i mean who would think to? (he was a real beach junkie) and he got a melenoma skin cancer on his foot. He died unfortunatelly.

Not to scare you or anything :)

Maiden x

Reason #2 why I don't go to the beach.

Susan Littlefield
11-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Love the beach, have lived within a half hour drive from the beach my entire life.

I've never had sunburned feet, but I don't lay in the sun because I'm a fair skinned German girl and burn way too easily.

But, I heard soles of the feet do indeed sunburn.

kct webber
11-14-2011, 01:37 AM
The soles of your feet will certainly sunburn, yes. I've experienced it, unfortunately.

thothguard51
11-14-2011, 01:44 AM
This is what happens when you do not sunbathe topless. Let this be a lesson.

Signed, the MP...

BeatrixKiddo
11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I'd be more then happy to trade the cold weather here for sun burnt feet on a beach.

Consider yourself lucky. *pouts and stomps off dramatically *

mccardey
11-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't believe it! I went to the beach today and it happened again!! WTF? Is this what happens when people go to the beach? The sun burns their feet when they're not even looking? Plus there's sharks and surfboards and sand all over the place ...

Really, I gave it my best shot but this whole Outdoors thing is just too weird.

I'm getting back in my pyjamas.

:cry:

Cliff Face
11-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the wide world of indoor living. :)

There are coffee and donuts on the counter.

swachski
11-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Those tootsies are going to be hard to walk on all burnt and all. You just might have to crawl around until they heal. Your knees didn't get burnt too, did they?

I agree with BK, though, I'd take burnt feet over frostbitten toes. :)

Yeshanu
11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Nasty yellow face burns us, yesss it doesss...

Better to crawl back under the mountainses until it goes away, yesss.

Yeshanu
11-15-2011, 01:58 AM
On a more serious note, just came back from having three moles removed. Doc doesn't think they're cancerous, but he's checking anyhow.

Use sunscreen, folks. Even on the bottoms of your feet. Melanoma isn't pretty.

mirandashell
11-15-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't believe it! I went to the beach today and it happened again!! WTF? Is this what happens when people go to the beach? The sun burns their feet when they're not even looking? Plus there's sharks and surfboards and sand all over the place ...

Really, I gave it my best shot but this whole Outdoors thing is just too weird.

I'm getting back in my pyjamas.

Suncream mate! Either that or flip flops.

Wayne K
11-15-2011, 02:23 AM
I only go out at night

mccardey
11-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you all for your input. And interest. And sympathy, not that there was too much danger of a sympathy-swamping thing happening, not on these boards, no sirree....

I have news.

Today I didn't go to the beach, and do you know what? My feet are unburned.

I think there's something to be learned here and in fact I may have already learned it. It's basically safer to stay in pyjamas. Because of what Yeshanu says in post #16.

Yeshanu
11-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Thank you all for your input. And interest. And sympathy, not that there was too much danger of a sympathy-swamping thing happening, not on these boards, no sirree....

I have news.

Today I didn't go to the beach, and do you know what? My feet are unburned.

I think there's something to be learned here and in fact I may have already learned it. It's basically safer to stay in pyjamas. Because of what Yeshanu says in post #16.

:roll:

It's not really safe to stay in pyjamas all day, either. Then heart disease rears its ugly head.

You can't win. You won't get out of this life alive, so do what you enjoy. :D

PorterStarrByrd
11-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, see - I was lying on my stomach. So, yeah - the soles of my feet were pointing sort of upwards. But isn't that the sort of thing there should be a warning about, on that warning sign with the sharks and the rips and the bluebottles?

Also - there was no mention of aliens on that sign... Just sayin' ...

Kind of in the same category as labeling cerial bowls "this side up"

GeorgeK
11-15-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't believe it! I went to the beach today and it happened again!! WTF?

It's only been a couple days. It takes weeks for sunburns to heal. Also check your meds to see if any are known to cause photosensitivity.