• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta Reader for Historical Fiction Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
Like the title says, I am looking for someone to beta read my historical fiction. It does contain some romantic elements. I am looking for someone who knows Revolutionary history and/or is good with plot development, pacing, character growth, and all that jazz. PM me if interested. :)

Virginia, 1775

Abigail Randals does her best to ignore the verbal assaults that are inflicted upon her because her father is a Tory. However, she is unnerved when a brick comes sailing through the dining room window with the dire warning: Tories Take Care.

When her father says that the family will move to England, Abigail refuses to go. She tries to persuade her father that the family can manage in the colonies. Abigail shows her father that the family can stay in Virginia as she tirelessly works on the plantation. She manages the household, helps raise the children, and tries to keep her brother, who is a rebel, and her father from fighting.

When Lord Cornwallis’s troops come marching in, things go from bad to worse. Many of the plantation slaves rush over to the British side, leaving Abigail with a dwindling work force. To top it all off, a British deserter is found on the plantation. Abigail doesn’t hesitate to pick up a gun, and fire, but when she does she realizes that she has to make a choice: either stay with her father as a loyalist, or join the patriot cause.

THE TORY’S DAUGHTER is a 75,500-word historical fiction.

Thank you for your time,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.