got my rejection today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the rejection, but I wouldn't take the damaged pages as a bad sign. Agents haul MSs all over the place with them. Drinks get spilled on them, they get set on a damp counter at home, or who knows what else. The damaged pages don't mean the agent REALLY hated it, it just means he/she was careless or clumsy. I wouldn't feel too bad about it. At least it means the MS was actually taken out and looked at.

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I know that punch in the gut, but always hope the next envelop will say something different.

Hang in there!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
That's terrible Chris. Dang, did they bother to tell you want they did or didn't like about it?

Jon

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry Chris, I know I'm not susposed to laugh, but the idea of a room full of agents taking turns peeing on your manuscript is just too funny...

Sorry,

Jon

Lady of Prose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
They didn't say anything but your standard form letter. I just can't get over it being wet. Really wet.

Well it's been raining heavy in my part of California for about a week. It's very possible that your MS got dropped by postal staff or something. I can't envision any reputable agent/publisher doing such a thing.

Now if you are saying that you "smell" urine, well another story. And believe me, you would smell it.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
Lady of Prose said:
Well it's been raining heavy in my part of California for about a week. It's very possible that your MS got dropped by postal staff or something. I can't envision any reputable agent/publisher doing such a thing.

Now if you are saying that you "smell" urine, well another story. And believe me, you would smell it.

Oh, I'm kidding about the pee. But the envelope wasn't wet, so I know it got wet before they mailed it back to me. I'm just pissing and moaning.

Lady of Prose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, may be good content for a novel or book. :idea:

Good luck to you!

wrighter

got my rejection today

Some of my chapters came back covered with tire tracks. If they'd simply asked, I could've run over them myself before mailing them.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Wet

I once had an editor BUY a short story, but he still sent the manuscript back because "some idiot," he said, accidentally dropped it in a mud puddle in his driveway. He sent it back because those were days when computers were less common, and he thought I might need that copy to reconstruct another.

But I've seen coffee, soft drives, water, and you name it spilled on manuscripts. It happens.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, don't burn it.

Save it. Rewrite the story, send it out, get it published, and have it become a megabestseller with a blockbuster movie with a prime Hollywood cast.

Then your kids (or grandkids) can sell it on ebay and you can spend their inheritance guilt-free.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't give up TT. What rejection # on this ms is it? If Pamela Anderson can find an agent you can get published. *sitting on hands so I can't say any more*

emerald dragonfly

Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the rejection. Don't take it as a sign of bad things to come. Believe in yourself. For every bad thing that happens, something good comes from it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.