Hospital stays and private security/bodyguard

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'm *pretty* sure I know the answer to this, but I'm kind of second-guessing myself and can't *quite* find anything that spells it out enough to make me 100% comfortable with it. I'd rather ask the dumb question here than have egg on my face when my readers catch it...

My character is a patient staying overnight in the hospital for observation. She's not in the ICU or critical care or anything, it's more of a precaution just to make sure she's all right.

She's a public figure, and has a bodyguard. Would hospital staff (or hospital policy) have any issues with the bodyguard staying in the room overnight? (This is an American hospital, if that makes a difference)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a unit clerk back in the day, we had Frank Sinatra (under a false name) as a patient on the unit next to mine. He certainly had his own people watching over him. No one batted an eye at the body guards because The Hospital Powers That Be said it was OK. They worked with the hospital security team and it went well for the time he was there.

If their personal security said he was staying in the room and the patient didn't object, I don't see where the problem would be.

Hope that helps.