publishing credits question

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

The publisher of one of my books has just moved that book into a new imprint. How do I list that book in my bio? With the new imprint? (Problem, Amazon et al still have it listed with the old one.) Keep it with the old one? (Problem, you can't find it there on the publisher's website.) Take the publisher out of the resume entirely? (Will an agent think it was self-published?)

I probably won't be ready to contact an agent for a year, but even so, I'd like to get this figured out now.

Thanks for any imput on how to handle this one.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
If the book was with one imprint, then moved to another, it should - I think (wait for the experts to weigh in on this one) be a separate edition. New ISBN, new publisher/imprint listed on the spine (assuming it's not an ebook, in which case the imprint would still be different in the information there.)

You can't just "relabel" books and continue to sell them as-is.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If the book was with one imprint, then moved to another, it should - I think (wait for the experts to weigh in on this one) be a separate edition. New ISBN, new publisher/imprint listed on the spine (assuming it's not an ebook, in which case the imprint would still be different in the information there.)

You can't just "relabel" books and continue to sell them as-is.

Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Yep. They've dumped the remaining books at bargain prices on Amazon etc. And are producing more with the new imprint.

(I'm not a happy camper about it, but console myself that I have 300 first edition books to sell, when the old stock is depleted.)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal