Anyone use a steam cleaner?

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
I've been thinking of purchasing one. They look great on late night tv. <g> If you have one, what kind and what do you clean with it?

TIA!
EM

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a shark (steam mop). Love it or at least the kids do. Cleans my floor with just steam and it's great. I can't have chemicals in the air too much so I was also thinking about steam cleaning my bathroom and kitchen with a steamer. I've seen one in action and it seemed to work great. My stove could use it.

Get one!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
We have one. Its sitting in a box somewhere. Just too much hastle to use. We used itwhen we first moved in to clean up the grunge from the previous homeowners. It did a good job, but I'm lazy and it's easier to get out a can of disinfectant and a rag than get out the steamer, fill with water, wait until it gets hot, clean, then let it cool, empty it out, put everything away...

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have one. Its sitting in a box somewhere. Just too much hastle to use. We used itwhen we first moved in to clean up the fringe from the previous homeowners. It did a good job, but I'm lazy and it's easier to get out a can of disinfectant and a rag than get out the steamer, fill with water, wait until it gets hot, clean, then let it cool, empty it out, put everything away...

But it is a great base clean then use the bottle stuff for maintenance.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
I am among the least domesticated women in the world in terms of cleaning, but I really like mine - it's easy to use and at least does a good job of fooling me into thinking that the floors look/feel clean afterwards.

(I have a Shark too)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I love my Shark steam cleaner! I find it easy to use. Pur in the water, it heats up in 30 seconds. I have a big kitchen/dining room area so I have to fill it up a few times to get the job done- but I like it better than having to wait for the floor to dry- I have dogs. This dries almost instantly.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
But it is a great base clean then use the bottle stuff for maintenance.

Base clean is what I need to do since I'm, um, not too keen on the maintence stuff.

Funny/weird thing is, when I'm away from home (because of hubby's job we live in two places at once. Right now I'm jaunting between MD and NV) I'm a clean/neat freak. I love, love, love a clean house. But in MD I'm sharing it with two adult kids, two big messy dogs and two cats. When it's just hubby and me I'm inspired by a shiney floor <g> to keep everything looking pristine. At home I'm like, "What's the point? Someone's going to mess it up. :-(