PDA

View Full Version : Got Someone's Rejection Sent In Error

Elaine Margarett
11-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi All,

Got another request (yay!) but the agent who requested my material also sent a rejection to me by mistake. Should I send it back to her with an explanation I rec'd it in error? I could just forward it to the intended recipient since I have her email addy.

TIA,
EM

DeleyanLee
11-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Don't get in the middle of it by forwarding. Alert the agent of the error and ask for directions.

Elaine Margarett
11-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Don't get in the middle of it by forwarding. Alert the agent of the error and ask for directions.

Oooh, I HATE being in the middle. Good advice.

Thanks

Terie
11-02-2011, 01:40 AM

Oooh, I HATE being in the middle. Good advice.

Thanks

Yeah. Just think how you'd feel if you received a rejection letter from a complete stranger who (however kindly meant) forwarded it.

Let the agent know about the mistake and let him or her take care of it. :)

ryannj5
11-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Agreed, but um, P.S. I LOVE that you signed your email TIA. (this is awkward) for those of you who aren't in the know. :)

writerGDW
11-02-2011, 02:14 AM
I assumed TIA = thanks in advance

But I like "this is awkward" much better

writerGDW
11-02-2011, 02:15 AM
oh, and I agree...respond to the agent. don't forward the email :)

Elaine Margarett
11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I assumed TIA = thanks in advance

But I like "this is awkward" much better

Sorry! I thought TIA (Thanks in Advance) was general knowledge, like lol.

I have to screw up my courage every time I contact an agent; clicking the send button gives me a mini-anxiety attack. LOL

(that's, Laugh Out Loud, or Lots of Laughs.) :-) (smile)

melnve
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
LOL

(that's, Laugh Out Loud, or Lots of Laughs.) :-) (smile)

I read somewhere a text exchange between a mother and daughter where they were talking about the death of a family member. The mother wrote LOL, and when the daughter questioned her, she thought it meant "lots of love." Now that is awkward!

jaksen
11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Send it back to the agent. Keep it simple.

Do NOT LOL and say, glad it wasn't me!

hehe

shaldna
11-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Send it back to the agent. Keep it simple.

Do NOT LOL and say, glad it wasn't me!

hehe

This also. Be professional.

Elaine Margarett
11-02-2011, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE]Send it back to the agent. Keep it simple. [QUOTE]

Yes, I did. Thanks all, for the help.

And I only trembled a little. ;-)

Miss Plum
11-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Well, there's a new twist on an old zomg. Usually it's we writers accidentally mis-addressing queries. Nice to know agents screw up, too.

stormie
11-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Okay, now you've got my paranoia kicking in big time. I'll be checking my emails every 7.5 seconds to see if the R was meant for me.:scared:

Sandino
11-09-2011, 01:30 AM
This happened to me. I queried an agent I wanted, and his assistant requested a full!!! I submitted it and received an email a few weeks later about a ms for someone she (the assistant) already REPRESENTED. When I emailed her back to tell her about the mix-up, she never responded. Then I learned she'd left that agency to start her own. (horrors!). So, long story short, I've tried to re-query the old agency and the reputable agent I wanted in the first place, but no response at all. I must be in their slush pile now, so I'm revising that story to send to other agents. Lesson learned: don't wait too long to email if you haven't heard anything.