Beavis and Butthead

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
For those that don't know, Beavis and Butthead has been brought back. the first new episode aired Friday. So far they do seem like they've recaptured the same old feel of the show. So if you liked it back then, you'll still like. If you didn't, you'll still dislike.

Personally, I loved it when I was growing up and liked the season premier.

Last edited:

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I was too young to actually remember watching Beavis and Butthead, bu I feel like I have. LOL. Hilarious show.

I think it's pretty iconic of the 90's and I was excited to hear they were bringing it back for a new generation, but then again, I feel like it kinda belongs in the 90's. It seems a little out place on this era of MTV, to me at least.

It is funny -- hasn't lost that -- and I love the commentary, same feel (as if I would really know) and I like how it's meshed with current pop culture of today.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'll give it a watch if it airs in the UK although I'm a little worried that it won't work now. Might be better to leave it as a 90s thing.

monkeymum

Registered
Reaction score
Nooo! Hopefully it won't be aired in the UK. My husband used to torture me with this when it came out first time round and I know he'd watch it again. Besides, with two boys aged 7 and 9, I get quite enough of that sort of humour ...:)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
What I want to know is...what kinda crazy video music channel were they watching? Watching that show, you could get the impression that MTV regularly played Babes In Toyland & Daisy Chainsaw but they never did.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
What I want to know is...what kinda crazy video music channel were they watching? Watching that show, you could get the impression that MTV regularly played Babes In Toyland & Daisy Chainsaw but they never did.

Or that MTV played any music at all. Instead of total shite as they do now.

God, I'm old.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I have a confession to make: When I was carrying my son, my husband and I referred to him as Beavis.

He's 14 now and the complete opposite of the actual Beavis, thankfully. (And we dropped the nickname immediately, because who wants to get stuck with a name like that?)

I'll probably watch the new show at some point.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loved it when I was little and I thought the new premiere was really funny in that lovably stupid way. It seems to be slightly less inane than it used to be. Or...the boys are still stupid, but the show is a little smarter. A lot of their lines had my partner and me giggling like kindergartners on a cupcake bender. "And now, we await the transformation."

Looking forward to the reappearance of Daria on the show! The world needs more Daria in it.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I loved it when I was little and I thought the new premiere was really funny in that lovably stupid way. It seems to be slightly less inane than it used to be. Or...the boys are still stupid, but the show is a little smarter. A lot of their lines had my partner and me giggling like kindergartners on a cupcake bender. "And now, we await the transformation."

Looking forward to the reappearance of Daria on the show! The world needs more Daria in it.

We need more Daria, period.

I watched it on Youtube and it really says something now they do one music video and one reality show clip. MTV admiting that is no longer what it used to be.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh, and I can't wait when they riff get on to watch a Lady Gaga video!

A joke from one of the people I follow in Twitter:

Remember Beavis And Butthead? They're back! In pog form!

Last edited:

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I watched their premier last Thursday. Some of it had me laughing so hard I was crying. Especially the bit where Butt-Head picks on Beavis for crying. I'm glad the boys are back.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
So very true. I would love if MTV brought back Daria. Or at least started airing the old reruns of it. Daria was even better than Beavis and Butthead, in my opinion.

And yes, I loved the sketch about Beavis crying. Particularly Beavis'es line, "I didn't cry then and I'm not crying now either," after Butthead died.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah, I'd appreciate that. But I've got the DARIA series DVD set so I'm happy!!!

Oh, and I can't wait when they riff get on to watch a Lady Gaga video!

I effin love her, so I'd be interested in what they had to say. LOL

So very true. I would love if MTV brought back Daria. Or at least started airing the old reruns of it. Daria was even better than Beavis and Butthead, in my opinion.

That's funny because Daria came from Beavis & Butthead. I love DARIA. They show reruns on an extended-cable channel called LOGO, which is in association with MTV (or probably owned by MTV).

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
That's funny because Daria came from Beavis & Butthead. I love DARIA. They show reruns on an extended-cable channel called LOGO, which is in association with MTV (or probably owned by MTV).

They are probably owned by Viacom, they like to collect cable channels as others collect coins.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score

Same here! You know, I would love at least an episode of Daria 10 years later, just to see what became of everyone. I know in the credits of the last episode/movie they hinted at their futures, but I'd like to see it fully fleshed out.

Oh, and maybe we'll get the Mystic Spiral (Trent's band) show that they were supposed to, but never made.

I may check out the reboot of Beavis and Butthead, but I never got their humor, found it extremely immature.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It's not really a reboot. Just continuing where they left off. The show does seem to be a bit better written. Though that's probably because Mike Judge has so much more experience now.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Where did they leave off? I'm assuming there isn't any storyline (not that I recall them having a storyline) to pick up on.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and maybe we'll get the Mystic Spiral (Trent's band) show that they were supposed to, but never made.

Trent: "We're Mystic Spiral...but we're thinking about changing the name" pretty much the sum of that. LOL

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Where did they leave off? I'm assuming there isn't any storyline (not that I recall them having a storyline) to pick up on.
No, there is no continuity for the show or overarching story line. I meant that in the sense that it's still mostly the same. They're in the same school (same class actually). There's the same major characters (who are doing the same things they did in the original run). The only difference now is that they're making fun of the new stuff on MTV (like Jersey Shore) and more modern pop culture in general.

Last edited:

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No, there is no continuity for the show or overarching story line. I meant that in the sense that it's still mostly the same. They're in the same school (same class actually). There's the same major characters (who are doing the same things they did in the original run). The only difference now is that they're making fun of the new stuff on MTV (like Jersey Shore) and more modern pop culture in general.

This actually made it a big jarring to me. It's like suddenly found out new episodes of Animaniacs exactly as the old, but with Lady Gaga and Jon Stewart references...