Kindle upload questions: author name & preorder option

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafetyDance

L'Oreal. He's worth it.
Registered
Reaction score
I launch my novella in just under a month and would like to put it on pre-order (or at least put it on Amazon before it launches, for visibility/so reviewers can post up their stuff) ASAP. Have been playing tonight and it gives me a "publication date" option, but it won't let me do it any later than the current date. Can you do this with Kindle publishing?

Secondly, it doesn't give you a box for the author's name that I can see. Do I need to set up a new account in my author's name for it to show correctly? Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
I think KDP has the author put their name under contributors. It should be on the same page as the book title and description information.

I don't know about setting up pre-orders. I would use the HELP button on the site. They respond quickly (they responded within eight hours the three times I've used it).

Last edited:

SafetyDance

L'Oreal. He's worth it.
Registered
Reaction score
I think KDP has the author put their name under contributors. It should be on the same page as the book title and description information.

I don't know about setting up pre-orders. I would use the HELP button on the site. They respond quickly (they responded within eight hours the three times I've used it).

Brilliant. Thank you!

J. Tanner

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorjtanner.wordpress.com
Pre-order is not an option for self-published books.

(I would guess the reasoning is there would be too much potential for abuse but it's consistent across all the online bookstores so just give up on the notion unless you want to do it direct from you own website.)

Status
Not open for further replies.