• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Searching for a fantasy beta or swap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer's Block

Summoner Megan
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My 100k (I know it's a big one) is in what I believe to be its final stage. YAY! I'm looking for either a beta reader or a swap, I'd prefer fantasy, but PM me a query or a rough summary (no ending please :) ) and we can see if we're the right match. Here is my query. Hopefully I get a few bites!

A bit about me. I'm a college student majoring in Theatre and English. I have been working on this novel for about 3 years now from idea seedling to whatever draft I am on now. It is pretty well polish, but no matter how many times I read and re-read it I miss some of the same typos and simple grammar mistakes, because I know what I'm trying to say so my mind reads it as that. So plot and pace I believe are solid. But I am not above going through another draft if needed. :)

Query:
Rapture has been jerked through a portal by his Summoner, a human girl named Nova. His first instinct isn’t to inspect his bloody dragon scales or mangled wings, but to see that Nova wasn’t harmed in his calling. Nova is one, of few chosen by an ancient magic not yet understood, that is to ensure the safety of the kingdom and its inhabitants. But her self doubts, revealed through their mind-link, frighten him.

Rapture’s sole purpose is to shield her at any cost, including his life. But his incompetence has allowed the Seven Demons of Manipulation to slither into his body and join him in the journey to the mortal world. Freed, the demons are roaming the kingdom and collecting souls to pave the way for their Master's return from Hell. When he does, the kingdom will cease and Nova will be among the dead.

Rapture has a choice: keep hiding his own incompetence, or tell Nova what happened and risk her falling into a guilt-riddled despair at the knowledge of what she helped unleash. Her doubts need to be resolved and her ability strengthened before Nova pays for his mistake and an entire kingdom is damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.