• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

MG/YA fantasy critique partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I would like to find a few more critique partners. Why? Well...

Here's the thing. I love my friends and my family. But if they write anything it tends to be in the grocery-list genre, and they are often a bit too enthusiastic about my work. I have a couple of wonderful online critique partners, but none that write in my genre. And I figure a reader who loves fantasy like I do would enjoy my story (hopefully) and I would enjoy theirs (hopefully) and we could help each other out!

About me:

I'm very reliable. Give me a date, and I will get you a critique by that date. But I'm also a mother, and a teacher, and a friend and a wife and a reader of lots of library books and an occasional picker-upper of stuff on our floor...so I prefer to have a week or so warning before a deadline, especially if there's lots of words involved. I will completely understand if you need a week or more, too!

I'm a fast reader. I prefer reader-response comments (it's fun to see reactions as people read!), and I respond with that type of commentary myself (along with line edits and paragraphs discussing each chapter).

Right now I've finished a 76K YA fantasy about a girl with magic who has to save her family from a monster, and I just finished the second draft of a 55K YA fantasy that's a modern retelling of the Arabian Nights (sort of). I'm in that sort of waiting space with fulls and agents, and I figure I'd like to find some critique partners, regardless. So if you like fantasy, writing, and YA, let me know so we can talk about books. :)

Thanks!

Merlumen

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have anything to swap, but I am willing to critique yours. PM me if interested. :D

stealingvowels

They're stealing our vowels!
Registered
Reaction score
The Arabian Nights one sounds interesting! I would love to swap work, and I adore fantasy. PM me if you would like!

Status
Not open for further replies.