Adding pictures to signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
How do I add a picture to my signature, and is there a size limit on the image? What format should the picture be?

When I go into the edit signature screen and hit the Insert Image icon (the picture of the mountains), it asks for a URL, but the picture I'd like to insert is on my PC.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, with signatures, the image can't be uploaded to AW like with an avatar or an attachment to a post, it has to be out there on the Internet. However, there are no size limitations. Just put the url in and away you go. Mind you, folks will get mighty peeved with huge graphics in sigs bogging down page load times or causing sideways scrolling, so it's advisable to keep them small.

There are some places on the net where you can stash images for free by signing up, then you'll have it to point to. I just can't think of any offhand since I don't use a service like that myself. If I come across one, I'll edit it into this post....

...ah, here's one: Photobucket.

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
The paprikapink quotation in my sig is stored on Photobucket. It's a pretty nifty service. I upload stuff from my computer to Photobucket and if it's a bit big I can scale it. It generates the URL for the picture and also html or a tag that you can just copy and paste directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.