Finding reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
To celebrate my 100th post, I'd like to announce that my latest book has just been published.
Its pub date was, however, late in August, just about the time the publisher's marketing department collapsed and my acquiring editor left the company.
Now, three months later, everything is finally in place, but I'm afraid the window for my book to be considered new has already closed.
Beyond that, the company's publicist hasn't sent books to most of the people on my list, and now doesn't return my emails asking if the book's been reviewed anywhere.
Other than that, things are going well.
Is there any way, aside from trolling Yahoo and Google, that I can find out if my book has gotten any reviews? In the past I've found reviews of some of my books this way, but often years after the fact.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
popmuze said:
To celebrate my 100th post, I'd like to announce that my latest book has just been published.
Its pub date was, however, late in August, just about the time the publisher's marketing department collapsed and my acquiring editor left the company.
Now, three months later, everything is finally in place, but I'm afraid the window for my book to be considered new has already closed.
Beyond that, the company's publicist hasn't sent books to most of the people on my list, and now doesn't return my emails asking if the book's been reviewed anywhere.
Other than that, things are going well.
Is there any way, aside from trolling Yahoo and Google, that I can find out if my book has gotten any reviews? In the past I've found reviews of some of my books this way, but often years after the fact.
You can always sign up for a clipping service, but they are quite expensive and usually only cover mainstream media. If you know where your publicist sent books, follow up with them. If you have your own list, pitch the people again. Is this a novel or nf? If it's nf and you can tie it into any kind of news story, do so. Other than the publishing trade mags, you really haven't missed much as far as review potential goes--most regular papers aren't going to care if your book came out in Augut or right now, if it's connected to a news event.

Status
Not open for further replies.