• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta For Children's Book, Land Of Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortimerjackson

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm a relatively new self-publisher, and despite being fairly well received, my first book just got its first bad review. "Hire an editor." Etc etc. I take this comment very seriously. Especially since I like to think that I'm a fairly obsessive editor (having read through the book at least five times before publishing it). Apparently it wasn't enough. So moving on, I've finished a project that is almost ready for launch, but I would prefer to have my bases covered before I do.

The story is The Land Of Stories Book One: The Malevolent Sorcerer. It's a book that will likely be part of a six or seven book series. It's short. 20,000 words. Shouldn't take too long to go through it.

Basically what I'm offering is this:

YOU
-Proofread and edit my book. I will send it to you in word format, and I would like to see highlights where you made your edits. Also, leave sticky comments on what works, etc, if you know how to do that on a word doc.

ME
-I will be willing to proofread and edit your book. Or, I would also be willing to design you a book cover gratis. I'm pretty decent at it, and it would be cool to see my work on other people's stuff. You can check out the covers I've designed for myself here on my website. It would also be cool to build a repertoire as a cover designer. So yeah.

Contact me at [email protected], and I will send you my manuscript. I am posting this Monday, October 24. It would be great if I can have your edits done by next Monday (31st). If you don't finish within that time, just send me what you have already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.